Chapter 8: Attitude Problems

I rewrote this chapter too, like entirely. I hope u like this one better. Its much improved then the last one. Leave support! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

’How does this one work?’’ I asked the guy – Derrick – pointing to the machine in the far left corner of the kitchen, apparently it was the machine with the syrups but it looked complicated. There were like twenty buttons on it with no labels whatsoever. Just by looking at it I felt like solving a calculus question in examination.

Derrick glanced at me warily and I could tell he was annoyed by my questions not caring a single bit that I was new here and he was supposed to be helpful, ‘’It’s a vending machine Anderson.’’ I rolled my eyes and sighed. This was the fifth time the whole day he had called me Anderson. What kind of name was that anyway? It sounded like a name of a boy, did I looked like a boy? I glanced at my hair and then at my body – I looked like a girl alright. May be Derrick had a poor eye sight or something.

‘’It’s Allyson_’’

‘’Move over.’’ He cut me off and pushed me off like I was a trash can. I stumbled and nearly lost my balance but someone whose name I didn’t knew steadied me. I saw the name tag, Peter and thanked the guy. I glared at Derrick, who was standing in front of the machine he wasn’t even looking at me but pointing towards a black button.

‘’…then you push this button, the chocolate will come out and hold the shutter so excessive doesn’t leaks. Then go to the next one and let the sprinkles fall…’’ I started at the guy incredulously. He was whacked in the head. He should have been in military school but he looked older than a senior.

‘’Wait! Are you even listening Anderson.’’ He turned to me and scowled,

‘’Its Allyson actua_’’

‘’You didn’t get it do you? You are really dumb. I wonder why Julie hired you.’’ I clenched my teeth and prevented my self from retorting. Asking him was a bad idea, how can a person be this rude and blunt? How did people endure this whack?

‘’Forget it, I am going to ask Julie.’’ I muttered and left the kitchen to find Julie. The job so far was not as bad a s I expected, a lot of people come to this place and I realized it was really popular.

I was wondering how people could eat the ice-cream; it tasted like rubber as I said before. Derrick was like a second hand of Julie; he barked orders at a few of us and treated us like slaves. Nobody actually liked him here, since whenever he would say anything to them they will scowl on his back. I didn’t really blame them; he was a walking model of Hannibal Lector.

Julie on the other hand was a really nice person; at least she was kind to us. She was welcoming, warm and totally helpful; a total opposite of her nephew.

‘’Allyson honey I think your shift is over, you can go home now.’’ Julie said after I worked for four hours, see she was trying to make me comfortable.

‘’Oh okay, thanks.’’ I went back to take off my apron and take my coat. When I came back I realized Derrick was leaving too.