Chapter 24: New Feelings

‘‘I never expected it from you…’’

 Dale whispered and slowly left my hand, I felt as if something was being taken away from me. As if I was being left alone all over again, I was being isolated. Warmth was snatched away from me.

 I saw him retreat a few steps and his eyes were boring hole in me. I wanted to tear away from his gaze but I was petrified. He turned his back on me and started walking to his own way. My heart was filled with pain as I saw him walking away from me, never did in my life I felt like this. Not even when Del told me he was not Anonymous D.

Why was I feeling so intense for Dale? I was happy when he boycotted me and now I was feeling empty. I was missing him so much as if he was a part of me. What was Dale Cattermole to me? Why did I felt that I belonged to him? What was his place in my heart?

I snapped out of my disintegrated thoughts when I saw him come to a halt. He stopped one last time and turned his head a little.

‘‘I thought I knew you more than anyone else Ally but it pains me to realize that for the first time in my life how wrong I was. You are not the same person I used to know anymore.’’ With that he was out of my sight within seconds.

He was Dale, the same person who loved to make fun of me but he always made me laugh. He drove me crazy with anger yet he was the only normal thing in my life. A few weeks ago I thought his presence or absence did not matter and now I realized I was wrong – so very wrong.

I never realized how deep the relation between me and Dale was. We were not just two people with different thoughts; we were not just arch enemies or opposites. The truth was that he had been always with me, by my side.

All these years came back to me and I was in retrospection. He was playing with me, struggling to win and making me lose.

He picking up fights with me and Daniel and smirking after securing his side.

He and I, bickering endlessly not because we wanted to defeat each other but w enjoyed it.

We enjoyed each other. Even if there were fights we knew everything about each other.

I still remember the day when I was sitting in a swing and we talked with each other, we still teased, we still fought yet everything was so easy going. So much less complicated.

I still remember the dress he gifted me for spring dance, how my heart filled with joy. He knew about me too much. In fact the only person who actually understood me. 

I still remembered the time when I slept on a bench in rain and he came to me in concern. I never thought it was really concern, really worry for my sake.

The truth was that Dale always cared. No matter what he showed to me; anger, laughter, pride but he was always the one who took concern and looked right through me. H walked away and I let him go. He turned his back on me and I let him to that. He ignored me, neglected me, threw me out of his life and I let him do it.