Chapter 18: Hot Waters, Cold Waters

When I stalked inside Mrs. Cattermole’s house after making sure she wasn’t home, the first thing I saw whilst opening the door was Dale lying on the couch with head phones stuck in his ears and he grinned while typing on his phone.

The house was almost same as ours only with one extra room and a larger garden, where as mom’s setting was messy and all over the place, Mrs. Cattermole had kept things in order and the house gave more spacious look than ours. Dale whose eyes suddenly wavered in my direction, sat up straighter and pulled off the head phones giving me a look.

‘’Where’s Daniel?’’ I asked him impatiently, he raised his brows but didn’t question me further. Either it had to do something with a very pissed off look on my face or he wasn’t in a mood of making lame puns.

‘’Up’’ he said simply. I didn’t waste a single moment and brushed past the couch, trying hard to ignore the scent of his cologne and the feel of his eyes on my back. I marched up the stairs and didn’t bother to knock on Daniel’s poster filled brown door. Music blasted my ears as I opened the door, Daniel being an ever-free being he was, lied on his bed, swaying his head with the beats and writing something on a notebook at the same time.

I reached over and pulled out the deck’s plug and gave him a matching glare.

‘’You are breaking and entering.’’ He said,

‘’You should be thankful I’m not a real Hagrid right now or you might have ended up dead right now.’’ Daniel blinked and sat up straighter,

‘’Is something wrong?’’

‘’What are you doing?’’ I cried in exasperation,

He looked over at the notebook, ‘’Um most people call it homework, I call it enduring torture.’’ I wanted to ask him who the hell did homework while music is ripping their ears off but decided against it. It was better to just get to the point.

‘’I mean what are you doing with Carmen?’’

‘’Explain please, I’m a little slow at vague stuff.’’ Little would be a big understatement.

‘’You are trying to break things between Concaid and her aren’t you?” I demanded, understanding flashed in his eyes and he looked away suddenly,

‘’I-‘’

‘’You think I am not understanding all this; you are pretending to be nice and trying to keep Carmen spending time with him. You want Concaid to fight her over you so they can break up!’’

Daniel sighed and raked a hand though his hair, ‘’Look Ally, it had nothing to do with you.’’

‘’The hell it isn’t!’’ I shrieked, ‘’after you forced me to put this act, this became my business. How can you go this far?’’

‘’I’m only trying Carmen to realize she doesn’t actually loves him.’’ He said tersely, all previous humor gone from his voice.