Chapter 3 : Beaver and the Bully

Chapter 3

That night I waited for Dale to find out what damage I had inflicted on his dear skateboard. He returned home around ten o clock and when he did, it was chaos. He created a lot of drama and instantly knew it was me. Mom too blamed me and decided to punish me in some hideous way. Mrs Cattermole got the whole story from me and she actually took my side but mom was determined to drive me to hell and was genuinely disappointed. The only other person to sympathize with me was Daniel, he was quite impressed by my payback.

Dale was so mad, he kept screaming whole night, sending curses at me. Not that I minded. Seeing him in misery was as entertaining as watching a Supernatural marathon. I still remember that a few years back, it was my birthday party and Dale ruined it by throwing cake on me, so in return I tore the autograph he got from some golf player, Tiger Woods.

He was so crazy that day and this was the second time he had gotten that angry. And man, was I enjoying this? This was so awesome and I felt as if I had just conquered whole world. Dale always got me but this times the tables had turned and it was a great victory for me. Driving him to melancholy was one hell of a job.

Next morning, I woke up a bit earlier so I wouldn't have to face mom or even worse; Dale. He would surely spare no effort to kill me. I bet if he would get a chance he would stab me with a huge knife. I nearly flinched as I played that scene in my head. One thing was sure; I didn't want to die young. There was so much I wanted to do before saying goodbye to the world. For instance, I wanted to meet Jk Rowling, write my own book, kill Dale, torture Dale, get an hourglass figure like Carmen's, study in Yale, visit France and much much more.

I counted the list again in my head as I walked to the school. I had to text the bus driver Karl, not to pick me up today. The other reason of ditching bus was Dyaln. I felt weird about facing him after yesterday. What if he did believe that I was not straight, it would be beyond embarrassing.

School this early looked a little more peaceful. In fact there was no one around except Janitors. They were giving me weird looks. I had nothing to do so i just decided to see the school since I hadn't gotten the chance to do so. It took me fifteen minutes to tour the whole building and I was quite impressed with it. At last I was in the elative department and the last room was the supply closet where all the play props were kept.

I opened the door and a creaking noise filled the air, there was just a faint light but the room was worth exploring. It was a circular one and filled with lots of stuff, there was hardly a place to stand. It looked like no one bothered to clean it. There were hundreds of props, from a large Cinderella dress to fairy wings. I went through all the stuff and was amazed by the school's collection.
Then I spotted a  knight standing in the last corner of the room. What did they used that for? I had never seen a knight in my entire life and I wondered how much it must had cost? I walked where it stood and gazed at it, I started touching it and realize it really was a fake one.

I almost groaned, I jyst thought I had seen a real old knight, the one they held in English castles. I must have known that it was a bluff. The knight head came in contact with my arm and fell on the floor. I bent down and picked it but stopped dead on my tracks. I heard small footsteps and then  my eyes landed on a pair of feet.

Someone's feet....

Uh Oh . Why do I have to be in a wrong place at wrong time? I looked up to see a furious pairs of eyes glaring at me. Oh My God. As soon as I made the eye contact I realized that luck was never on my side - like ever.

''H-hi.''

I smiled nervously at Doyle Jackson aka the biggest bully of the town. Doyle was also in the was not a prep, jock or Emo, but he was famous and everyone knew him - more likely  feared him. He had no friends or acquaintances, in fact he rarely talked to people.

And did I mentioned he was a bully? He picked up a lot of fights and always won, according to some people he was involved in a gang and did street fights too. He was really scary and I had always kept my distance from him until this day.

I stood up nervously and my heart beat was frantic.  He was towering over me and I felt so small, so powerless in his dominating presence. Something inside me yelled 'run' since the look in his face was giving sign of 'Danger Alert'.

''I think I should be going.'' I mumbled and he raised his eyebrow, like only one of his brow was lifted. My feet moved and I stumbled past him but to my horror he grabbed my sleeve and I nearly fell.

''What were you doing here?''

 Even his voice reeking of horror and I was constant praying for him not to kill me. The look he was giving me matched the crazy villain stalkers you see in horror movies. I was not a fan of horror movies and neither of Doyle Jackson.

''Um I was just watching the props.'' He stared at me and I knew he wasn't convinced. I was telling the truth and the bully was not believing it. Just how great things could get?

''Tell me the truth or you will regret setting your foot here.'' He was wrong because I was already regretting setting my foor here and facing him. I thought for a plan of escape but my mind wasn't working anymore. I felt like he was going to eat me alive and I will be gone like a swoosh of wind. No one will discover my body and no one will know that I died.

''I am telling the truth.'' I pressed on and his grip loosened and I was out of his grasp, I backed away a little hitting the fake knight with my arm. It fell on the floor where its head was resting.

''I should leave now.'' I moved really fast, but he was faster and once again he stopped my way by blocking it. At least he wasn't holding my sleeve anymore since at some point I felt he was going to rip it with his steel grip. And today I was wearing my favorite shirt.

''Not so fast beaver.'' He said and smirked at me, instantly my blood began to boil. Why did everyone called me names? I had a good name Allyson, why bother calling me Caterpillar or beaver. I didn't even look like a beaver.

''Are you blind or something? Do I look like a beaver to you?'' I gasped as soon as those words left my mouth. Shit! Why was I so outspoken? I blamed Dale, because of him I had gotten this bad habit of shooting remarks whenever someone mocked me. It was my self defense but right now it looked like death sentence.  Doyle's eyes flashed dangerously and I anticipated his response.

''You wanna have a war of words?'' He asked me closing in the space and I decided to show some bravery. He wasn't really going to kill me right? I will show him that I was not afraid even though a part of me was begging me to not open my mouth I just ignored it.

''I dont want anything okay, now out of my way you jerk.'' Shock crossed his features and that death panned look returned. That moment I realized that being a bad ass was not going to help at all. But I just couldn't let him insult me like that. I was a human, I had some emotions and feelings unlike him.

''You dared to call me a jerk?'' He raised his one brow again looking ridiculously dangerous and arrogant.

''What can you do uh?'' I asked him but what he did next was something totally unexpected. He swung his fist and before my reflexes could work, he brought it right on my face. I managed to tilt it a bit so his pinch landed on my right cheek instead. A startled scream left my mouth and I groaned in pain. That hurt you sick animal!

''Don't you dare say a word to anyone or you will be my next punching bag!'' He said menacingly and I just held my cheek and fell on my knees. I heard his retreating footsteps and stood up a bit. That bully punched me! He actually punched a girl! And above all he was threatening me.