Chapter 35: Forgivness

Everything was clear. As if all the troubles from my life vanished at once. I got back my friends, I got rid of bullying, I got over Delenie Miller and Drake was no longer a threat to me. Now the one last thing that I needed to do was fulfill the promise I made to Drake.

I had to solve everything between Derrick and Drake. How? I needed a miracle to do that. To get to know the situation I visited Claire Carson, Derrick's mother. She was really weak yet a reasonably jolly person. I didn't believed my eyes when I saw her smile so warmly. She went through so much all her life yet she was not sulking, unlike me.

I told her everything about me and we talked for hours, I was still sad that how could such a nice person was dying? She said that she wasn't afraid to die but her last wish was to see both of her sons together here with her.

The next moment I was running to 'Frost's and Cones' as if my life depended on it. A part of me knew that Derrick would never ever accept what I was going to say to him. But I had to try, because I did not wanted my self to regret that I never tried, that I was a coward.

Derrick had to listen to me, he had to realize it was now or never.

I came to the halt and dashed inside. Everyone looked at me and avoiding their gaze I made my way to the kitchen.

I opened the door to reveal both Julie and Derrick there.

''Hi''

I raised my hand awkwardly and earned a what-the-hell look from Derrick while Julie just beamed at me.

''I knew you would come back!'' She pulled me into a hug, she was the most weirdest employer ever. I meant she was way too kind while most of them are old grumpy people who love to fire employees and shout on them.

''I just came back and Derrick told me everything. I scolded him for what he did. He had no right to boss you around.'' She threw a disapproving look in his direction and he just rolled his eyes and went out as if nothing happen.

With such a crappy attitude of his how in a world was I going to talk to him?

''Yeah thanks for taking me back.'' I smiled at Julie and grabbed my apron.

I worked my shift with an absent mind trying to make up some plan. As soon as it ended I saw Derrick walk outside and leap after him. It was already evening and the sun was going down.

''Derrick wait!'' I yelled and to my surprise he did stopped but did not turned to face me. So I stood in front of him and he raised his eyebrows in annoyance.

''What do you want?'' He asked in a cold tone.

''I want to say that well...um I ju_ I am sorry!''
I blurted out. Shit, I was not supposed to apologize. He looked kind of stunned now, all hints of annoyance gone.

''You'' He pointed to me, ''are apologizing to me.'' Then he pointed towards himself and I made a face. I was usually a nice person and me saying sorry was not a big deal.

''Yeah I am. That day I  was sort of going through emotional trauma and then I saw Delilah and Dale and got angry_''  I stopped my blabbering when I realized what I had just said.

''Your neighbor and Delilah, so you were jealous?'' A smirk played on his lips and I tried hard not to pull out my hair in frustration.

''So what's your story.'' I realized that he was actually walking and I was beside him and an idea came to my mind.

''I will tell you once you tell me yours.'' I said glancing at him and praying for some luck.

''You still want to know about me and Drake?'' Derrick stopped walking and waited for my answer. I shifted my weight from one leg and to another thinking my answer. There was no point of lying now.

''I know everything.'' I whispered and he looked at me with a blank face.

''I met your mother too.'' I looked away from his gaze  feeling a bit afraid that he might yell at me.

''Drake told you didn't he?'' I nodded and he snorted.

'''Its surprising that he admitted his crimes in front of someone that coward.''  There was venom and hatred reflecting from Derrick's voice.

''He is not a coward Derrick.''

''Like you know him'.'

''I dont know him that properly and neither you. Drake is regretting what he did. I can tell from his eyes.''

''What's the use of regret now uh? Will his regrets take away my pain? Will his remorse take away all those harsh times of my life? Will it bring my mother's health back?''
Derrick grabbed my shoulders and began shaking me. then he took a few steps  back and ran a hand through his hair.

''No, it will not take your pain away but it will let your mother spent her time in peace. Drake wants to meet her one last time.''

''I will not let it happen!''

''Listen to me Derrick. You know that Claire's last wish is to see both of you together. Are you not willing to forgive him for her sake? '' I asked and for the first time pain flashed in his eyes.

''Forgive him? You think it's easy? My mother is the only family I have and she is dying. She might die in few more days and I should forgive Drake? Never, never can I think of him as  brother  again. He took everything I had.''

''Your mother's disease is natural. What does Drake has to do with it?'' I asked  him with a desperate voice.

''He told everything to your mother after you were sent away. Drake said that your mother never treated him differently. She still loved him like she loved you.''

''It doesn't matter Allyson.''

''No, it matters. If you truly love your mother than you should do what will make  her happy. Stop thinking about your ego, your past. Don't forgive him either but at least let him visit her. Let him see her face, let him say sorry to her for once.''

I backed off a little and he continued looking at me with a weird expression.

''Whatever I am saying , just give it a thought. If you would not fulfill her wish you might regret it forever. And the burden of regret is worse than that of miseries because then you loose trust in your self Derrick.''

''Please...dont loose trust in your self.''  I gave him one last glance and headed home. I could feel Derrick's gaze boring hole into my back. I just wished he would change his decision it was for the best.

*******

The next day I headed to the cafe with the same resolve. I will convince him again no matter how much he would yell at me. For some unknown reason I really wanted it all to happen specially after meeting Claire.

When Julie saw me she was surprised since it was Sunday and I had day off. But I told her I wanted to talk to Derrick. Julie said he was at hospital and she too was heading there. Claire's condition had worsen and doctors said that they could not help anymore.

I accompanied Julie to the hospital and in the way told her everything too. I could tell that Julie was close to Claire since she looked near tears. I myself was trying hard to put some control over my self.

We rushed to the room where Claire was and stopped dead on our tracks. Because there was Drake and he was hugging her. I had never seen Drake cry before and somehow seeing them made my eyes water.

''I am sorry mom everything_''

''Shh, be quiet! Did I ever said anything to you? No dear I have never blamed you. You are close to my heart just like Derrick is.''

I decided to back away, it was best to give them some time.

But Drake said he wouldn't go anywhere near Claire unless Derrick allowed him to and that meant_

''I considered what you said.'' Derrick's voice came from behind me making me jump. I hurriedly wiped away my tears and Julie went inside.

''You really gave him the permission?'' I asked in disbelief. It was really a miracle.

''I cannot forgive him for what he did. I can never accept him again. The hatred I feel for him is the most difficult thing to let go. But mom, when mom pleaded me to let him meet her one last time I realized what you said was true.'' Derrick smiled sadly at me.

''I already have so many feelings inside my heart ; pain, loss, sadness, loneliness, hate...I dont want to add regrets to my list.''

I hugged Derrick surprising him , but I knew he needed comfort weather he admitted it or not.

''You should be crying at time like this.'' I said and realized I myself was crying. He looked so sad and hurt. I glanced back at the door where Drake was coming out. He saw me and hugged me ignoring Derrick.

''Thank you, Thank you so much Allyson. You are the best!'' So we three stood there crying like idiots, Derrick and Drake ignoring each other.

''She wants to see you.'' Julie came and smiled at me. I walked in the room and sat beside her.

''You are doing fine.'' I said despite that I knew she was not doing fine at all. The cancer was slowly spreading and taking over her life.

''Allyson Dear, I want to thank you.'' Claire's eyes began to water and I found myself hugging her.

''Don't be, I just convinced Derrick, that's all.'' I said wiping my eyes. She leg go and looked at me giving me a smile that I have never seen anybody near death give.

''You are a really good person and I wish you live a lovely life. May God bless you dear.''

______________________________________________________________________

I have a small request: I have started new story called FLAVORS; if you guys could check out the small prologue I would really be happy, PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ