Chapter 33: Confessions of a Bully

Another day and I had skipped school. If mom found  out that I was skipping school with no reasons I would be so dead. My teachers would start thinking I have become one of those drug addict kids who never come to school but occasionally. No offense to Drug Addict kids here.

But it was not worth it. I felt like a missionary as I swiftly walked towards my destination. I was walking with long strides and a impassive face. People who would be watching me would probably feel as if I was the most confident person in the world. Actually that was not the case since confidence was something I needed so badly right now.

I knew I was insane for what I was doing. I would probably walking in a death trap but as Sirius Black from Harry Potter said ''What is a life without a little risk?''

The problem was this was not a little risk but a big one. Okay no need of loosing confident after coming this far. I moved on praying silently that whatever the consequences there was still a chance of success.

It was already past afternoon and I knew that my timings were as bad as the situation. But after the meeting with Drake I realized that people could change within moments. I changed my decision in moments, Drake's whole personality changed in moments then why not now?

If my resolve was strong than nothing was in a way. If my intentions were for the sake of good there was no obstacle. I had to do this. I kept repeating to myself despite the fact that my palms were sweating even though there was no sight of sun today.

I glanced at the building in front of me. There was still time; I could just retreat and...no! I would not run away. Dylan said I should have trust in my self. I took a deep breath and marched in determinedly. Instead of bothering with the elevator I took the stairs. A little exercise would warm me up if I ever needed my fighter skills.

I snorted at my own thoughts. Fighting skills? I could not even do a leg swing but I knew punches. Nevertheless if  I really fought with Doyle I would loose for sure.

I reached the outside of his apartment and I was panting . I lean on his door to calm down a little. Out of the blue the door opened and to my horror I was pushed inand I fell in the ground with a thud.

What was  with me and falling ? It was becoming a habit now.

I groaned and rolled over, my knee was badly hurt. Then I froze since I was lying on my back looking directly at Doyle Jackson who was scowling down at me.

Shit, it didn't went the way I wanted it to be.

I pushed my self up and stood a bit limply. I grinned at him as if we were long lost best friends.

''Hi'' I said awkwardly, not because my voice was unusually high but I sounded like an Edward Cullan fan girl.

''What are you doing here?'' He asked me not so nicely.

''I came to meet my friends.'' I answered trying to show him that I was confident and he had no effect on me.

''Get out.'' My smile was wiped off my face. Now what? Doyle grabbed my arm leading me out when suddenly Jill came out of nowhere.

''Ally!'' She said excitedly and ran to us hugging my legs. I smirked at Doyle who just glared at both of us.

''Fine, have it your way.'' He left my arm and sat on one of the sofa. I smiled to myself, at least this time around he didn't punched me or anything.

''I missed you so much, where were you?'' She asked me and I leaned down to give her a kiss on cheek.

''I missed you too that's why I am here.''

''Jack missed you too but he wouldn't say it.'' It really touched me to know that they missed me. These kids were really something.

''Did you completed the doll house that day?'' I asked and and started walking towards their room.

''No I couldn't understand what to do. Doyle will not help me.'' She shot an accusing look to Doyle who was sitting in front of TV showing utter indifference.

''Cm'on we will complete it.'' I picked her in my arms and went in their room.

''Hi buddy!''I chirped to Jack who was playing DS. He spared me a glance and I questioned to myself did he really missed me?

''It's not buddy, it's Jack.'' He said moodily.

''As you wish buddy.''

''It's Jack!'' He said annoyed with my teasing.

''Whatever, Buddy.'' He glared at me and then went back to playing DS.

''Where were you?'' After a while I looked up at him with a shocked face. So he actually did missed me. I smiled to myself.