| 17 | Obsidian Questions

⚠️ I just found out you can't see the chapter covers if you don't load it twice! So please do, just swipe up one more time and load it again, normally it will show after the second time! I put a lot of effort in them so I felt really sad, after finding out, most of y'all haven't even seen them yet... so please do for a better reading experience! ⚠️

Izuku huffed in front of the car that had just stopped, when he heard a man coming out and approach hesitantly. After catching his breath the greenette looked up to see the firey blue eyes of Dabi. He wiped at his eyes harshly in panick of seeing the other. That man was probably the last person who was going to help him.

When his sight wasn't as blurry and he lookes closer, he noticed he saw only one firey blue orb. What happened to Dabi's eyes? Izuku thought, but quikly realized that it wasn't Shigaraki's brother in front of him.

-

Shotou Todoroki, another one of Shigaraki's colleagues was driving his way back home from work. When he suddenly averted his eyes from the road, because of an incoming call in the car. He got his hand of the weel and answered it when he saw it was one of his colleagues.

"Hey, Shotou, are you already on your way back?" sounded questioningly out of the dashboard of the black car.

"Yeah, I was done early, what's up?" Shotou responded informally since it was one of his better friends calling.

"You don't think it's weird?" the female voice asked again. "I mean I've been calling Mr. Shigaraki for ages now and he still hasn't called back." she said worryingly. "I know we've been joking around a bit about it at work, but what if something's wrong?" she continued as she jingles her keys to her office to close it.

"Don't worry" Shotou reassured confidentally. "Midoriya is gone too right?" he continued in a more annoyed tone. "They're probably on their honeymoon to the Bahama's" he said sarcastically while gritting his teeth and staring with an angry face at the other cars in front of him.

"You're probably right" she said while starting to walk to her car to get home as well. "I don't know it just feels weird" she sighed "who just doesn't show up for days at work without saying anything about leaving?" she said clearly not sure what to think.

"That guy was with the boss everyday" Shotou said while clenching his grip on the wheel. "But don't worry, that green haired bastard's special treatment will probably vanish in no time." he spoke with an expressionless face, but clear hate in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll hope I'll get that special treatment with that vacation they're going to and all" the woman on the other end joked, but kinda meant at the same time.

"Wait a minute, I think there is someone on the road" Shotou said not so sure of what he was seeing. "Gotta go" he said as he came closer to the cars window and ended the call. His eyes met the jade orbs he had hated for a long time and for a second he questioned if he should stop or not, but the moment he got closer and saw the smaller thin boy crying, he automatically hit the breaks.

When he got out, all he could do was stare at the wet terrified eyes of the greenette. It looked like Midoriya didn't really recognize the man in front of him, but all Shotou could think of was one question.

What happened to him?

After a short silence of Shotou desperately trying to read the situation, without finding any possible answer the man opened his mouth to ask him himself.

"Wha-what happened to you?" After his mouth had closed again, he wanted to punch himself in the face as he realized Midoriya was completely naked except for a long black coat and that that was probably the last question the greenette wanted to answer in that moment. So he quikly just said "Get in" while looking the other up and down again "I'll call the police" he turned around, but was stopped by a shivering freckled hand pulling softly on his sleeve.

"No-no plea-please, don't" Izuku sniffled in a tiny voice while looking at the floor. Shotou had turned around and looked at the other worryingly.

Izuku, or Midoriya as Shotou formally called him at work, was always acting like everything was okay. He was always smiling and only appeared nervous around the boss, what Shotou had read as them being a thing. But now was the first time Shotou saw Izuku cry and it made him worry. Worry about the fact the things he had thought or situations he had read were not as right as he had hoped them to be.

The last thing Izuku wanted was to go to the police station and spend there the whole night talking about Tomura and all the things he had been through. So he repeated another time, but now more firmly "No police" and added in a begging tone "please"

All the greenette wanted was to go and see Kacchan. He was so worried, even with everything that had happened, he couldn't stop thinking about the blurry sight of the blond falling to the ground and bleeding after the loud gunshot. New tears welled up in Izuku's eyes as he thinks about the chance of Kacchan not being here anymore, due to his leg. That couldn't have happened, right? He has good doctors in his mansion, right?

"O-okay, just get in the car" Shotou hesitated after seeing the new tears welling up in the other's eyes. As Shotou got in the front, the greenette doubtingly got in the back seat. Shotou looked through the car's mirror at the uncomfortable greenette fidgeting with his fingers, clearly not feeling comfortable being in his colleague's car.

Suddenly the greenette glanced back at him through the same little mirror and stuttered something "Could you drive me to" Izuku stopped there as he realized he had no idea where he was nor where Kacchan's mansion was. It could be five hours away for all he knew. He was again helpless.

Shotou, who noticed the new tears making their way down the other's face through the mirror, broke the silence filled with the sniffeling of the greenette. "Wh-why don't I bring you to my house" Shotou suggested "then I can give you some clothes."

After a silence, Izuku had used to think of any other way to see Kacchan or better options, he slowly nodded while looking at his hands, after he had come up empty. There were no other options this was the best he could think of now.

Then Shouto started the car and drove his way, interrupted by the greenhaired man, home. He tried focussing on the road, but was constantly checking the greenette in the back and he didn't really know why. Izuku was fidgeting with his fingers the whole time or moving the black coat over his naked body, because of its stinging fabric, while the man in front of the car couldn't help but keep checking.

Only the moment the greenette had closed his eyes, after struggling a few times to keep them open, Shotou felt like he could keep his eyes away from the other and focus on the road. He couldn't deny feeling bad about the things he had said at work. It turned out all the gossiping about him and the boss was wrong and it made him question what had really happened even more.

When he stopped the car at his house he reached his arms out to Izuku, after hesitating for a few minutes to just wake the other up. The super sleepy greenette, who wasn't thinking clearly with the sleep still fogging his head, grabbed Shotou's neck. Luckily Izuku weight almost nothing to the taller boy, who carried him to a bedroom, where he could sleep.

When Shotou put Izuku down on his double bed, Izuku opened his eyes for a moment and saw Shotou leaving. He went out of the room to find some comfortable clothes. When he saw some gray sweatpants and a black Tshirt, he grabbed it, after realizing everything would be too big for Midoriya anyways.

Izuku had taken off Shigaraki's coat, due to the painful stinging and heavy material. He was laying to the side completely bare on the bed and not even thinking about his now dried bloody wrist. All he could think of was sleep and a certain explosive blond he was dying to see.

When Todoroki came back in the room he saw the black coat next to the bed, where the naked greenette laid and heard relaxed breathing. He ignored the growing hot feeling in his cheeks and let the clothes he had picked out fall as he came closer to the bed. He picked the black coat off of the ground and glanced another few seconds at the exhausted greenette.

"What happened to you?" Shotou asked silently knowing it wouldn't wake the other from his deep slumber and then left the room just as quiet. When he closed the bedroom door behind him he looked at the coat in better lighting and widened his eyes as he realized something.

"So he was with that prick" Shotou said to himself angrily with narrowing eyes staring at the black fabric.

📍If you liked this story so far📍

Make sure to check out my other ones