| 21 | Painful Promise

⚠️ I just found out you can't see the chapter covers if you don't load it twice! So please do, just swipe up one more time and load it again, normally it will show after the second time! I put a lot of effort in them so I felt really sad, after finding out, most of y'all haven't even seen them yet... so please do for a better reading experience! ⚠️

The cold interrogation room was silent just as Izuku's mind when Kacchan kept grunting in rage. He probably had been walking from wall to wall for about five minutes without noticing he was just yelling to himself, until he finally turned his head to the greenette, who sat down in the corner of the room.

"So you're saying that bastard hasn't done anything wrong?" he grunted while clenching his fists and unknowingly letting his frown grow even bigger. Izuku nodded while looking down at his hands that were laying on his lap. "But you're also saying, he knows that gray haired bastard?"

Izuku paused as he clearly felt the anger coming of off the blond that didn't seem to be going away. When he felt the blond's red glowing eyes glued to him, waiting for an answer, he eventually nodded again, which seemed to agitate Katsuki.

"You're not making any sense!" he yelled again, clearly concerned about the other's sanity at this point "what makes you think he's not going to hurt you?" He gritt his teeth while burning his crimson eyes through the jade ones and clenched his fists to the point his knuckles glowed white. The thought of letting the two colored haired man go, knowing he had been even in a two feet ratius of his Deku, made the blond's blood boil. "Hah?" he grunted while turning his face back away from the other again.

Izuku's lip trembled and a shiver went down his spine. His throat suddenly tightened and even if he wanted to answer, the feeling made him unable to speak. Suddely a salty tear fell on his freckled cut wrist, but he quikly wiped it away as his sight had gone less blurry.

Katsuki's red glowing eyes suddenly stopped burning as he noticed the soft sobbing behind him the greenette was trying to hold in. He took a deep breath to calm down.

How could he have been so frustrated to not realize how Deku was feeling? The other had probably gone through a trauma, since he hadn't want to talk about it. Although the blond knew he wasn't even half ready for the story either. He couldn't even think about Deku getting hurt. That was just too painful.

He silently looked at the greenette who was still sitting with a shivering back from the silent sobs. His chest throbbed harshly almost making him grab the spot. The pain was unbearable, it seemed to hurt more than the day he got shot in the leg.

He had always hated this kind of pain it was much more easy to deal with the physical type. The one that leaves visible scars. The one that sometimes makes you unable to protect people. The one that can go on for days or even months, but you always know that at some point it fades away.

But even though that one leaves scars they're never as deep as the ones you can't see from the real pain people have to cope with and Katsuki Bakugou had never been the person to deal with that kind.

Just let it all go and turn it into anger, he thought to himself. It had always been easy. It shouldn't be this hard, but for some reason he couldn't. Deku's tears, sobs and shivering made him unable to. So he just let the throbbing in his chest continue and made the distance between them, he had created when raging, disappear. He crouched down next to the shivering greenette.

Deku's shoulders were tensed up and his freckled hands, he was staring at, were clammed into the fabric of the way to big gray sweatpants.

Katsuki's beautiful crimson orbs, desperate for eye contact, almost made Izuku unable to not look up, but he found the strength to keep staring at his cut wrist. When Izuku refused to give eye contact, Katsuki took a deep breath and put his warm hands on the shivering greenette's.