Tournament

Langa POV
After that night at S, I felt even more confident in myself. I felt like I could go higher. Higher and higher until there was no more. I'm really glad I have Reki as my friend to support me. He's a really good skater himself. Me and my friends are all amazing, but without Reki, I would've never been here. So I'm really glad. Thank You....Reki.

Speaking of Reki, it's been a while I've been waiting and he hasn't came yet. I wonder what was taking him so long?

I waited 12 more minutes and then I heard a skateboard rolling down the concrete. I whipped my head up to see Reki in a yellow sweater with his uniform under it tucked into his pants which were black jeans a little ripped in the knees. His facial expression wasn't his super happy warm smile mood though.

"Hey, what took you so long!-" I said as I tried to do our handshake, but instead of doing a fist bump, he just skated away. I was shocked since he's never done this before. "H-Hey! Reki!!" I yelled and that must've gotten his attention cause he whipped his head around.

He looked horrible. Bags under his eyes with half-closed eyes and everything. "Ah..what happened to you..?" I asked. "Nothing" he mumbled a bit. I thought for a bit and said "Oh! I know what it is! You were staying up late to make another skate board!" I said positive that that was what happened.

He looked at me with a blank expression for a moment and said "Haha! Of course it is!" He said ruffling my hair. I absolutely loved it when he does that but this one seemed off..and a bit forced. Not to mention that smile he tried to make was fake. I really wonder what happened to him...

       At school
We walked into our classrooms and as always, I payed zero attention to the teacher. Even if I tried to my head would always go back to the reason why Reki had acted that way. I guess I was really worried. I kept glancing at him from time to time and every time I did, he would always put his head down as if he didn't want to make eye contact with me....weird.

        After school
After school there were some boys from "S" that wanted to talk to me so instead of talking to Reki I had to talk with them. They weren't much fun. They asked me for tips to how I skated but I would always refer back to the times I snowboarded. They eventually left out of boredom. I get that a lot since Reki was the only one that was actually interested in my stories. I really liked listening to Reki's stories too so it was a match.

I went to the school gate to see if Reki was there, but he wasn't waiting for me like usual. I looked left and right to see if he had been nearby and then I saw him walking past the first street. I ran towards him and shouted "Hey Reki! Why didn't cha wait for me??" "Oh...sorry." Was all he said. "Haha it's all good" I laughed it off. "So where do you wanna meet up?" I asked. He looked at me with a face of confusion.

"There's S today isn't there?" I explained. He looked at the ground for a minute and said "Sorry, I have an errand I need to do, so I can't come." He said. I was really surprised by this too cause no matter what kind of errand it was, he would always made it to S. I wonder what made this time different. "But you can go alone okay?" He said. I looked at the ground with a blank face for a moment, "okay.." I said. Then we parted ways.

A/N
Chapter 2 done and done! Sorry if these are short, it's my first time writing lol.
Chapter 2 finished at 10:14- damn im slow lmao
Word count: 688
Started: 9:36
Finished: 10:14