Chapter Three: Party!!

This will be in...drumroll please...Luke's POV!

     Sleepover time! Luke thought happily as he walked over to his friends and joined them in the living room.

"So...what are we gonna do?" Luke asked.

"What, you're not having fun just sitting here and doing nothing?" Cecelia smirked.

"No."

"Well, what do you guys want to do?" Ella asked.

"We could play a game..." Luke suggested.

"Like what?" Darla asked.

     "How about Would You Rather?" Luke answered.

     "Sure!" Everyone said.

     "Okay...Jackson! Would you rather be a Telepath like your mom or an Empath like your dad?"

     "Hmm," Jackson started. "Probably a Telepath. I've always wanted to know what you all are thinking..." he concluded.

     "Interesting. Now you ask someone." Luke smiled.

     "Ella, would you rather tell me who your crush is or tell your crush themself?" Jackson grinned.

     "Who says I have a crush?" Ella asked.

     "Me. I just know. Twin powers!"

     "Fine. I would tell you...but then you might accidentally let it slip and it would eventually come back to that person, but the message might be twisted...so I'd actually rather tell them," Ella said.

     "I can't believe you don't trust me!" Jackson said, gasping dramatically.

     "Don't be such a drama king. Anyway, Luna, would you rather dye your hair green for a week or not wear makeup for a week?"

     "But...makeup is my life! And I...I love my hair! It's beautiful!" Luna stuttered.

     "Pick one..." Ella said in a singsongy voice.

     "Fine. I...I would not wear makeup for a week!" Luna flinched.

      "Relax, you don't actually have to do it," Cecelia piped in.

     "Pfft, I knew that..."

     "Sure you did."

     "Whatever," Luna said, rolling her eyes. "Darla, would you rather not talk for a day or not stop talking for a day?"

     "It would be hard for me to do both of those...I'll say not talk for a day," Darla answered.  

      "Okay."

     It made sense that Darla wouldn't want to talk nonstop for a day, both of her parents were kinda shy and therefore she was too.

     "Okay, back to Luke! Would you rather fall asleep and wake up and find out you had been in a coma for 100 years, or be the only one not in a coma and have to live your life?"

     "Probably to live my life, because if I was in a coma and woke up, everything would be different. You all would be grown up and probably have grandchildren. And look completely different."

     "I would've said that too."

     "Jackson? Would you rather have a pet Verminion or a pet T-Rex?"

     "T-Rex's are pretty cool. Besides, they aren't as crazy as Verminions. So T-Rex."

     "You know, I still have a T-Rex," Grady said from behind Luke.

     "Not as a pet though," Edaline corrected.

     "Well it counts! If I train her, and I feed her, and I play with her, she's a pet!"

      Luke smiled at the couple. "Can we come meet her sometime?"

     "Of course, Luke! I'm sure Verdi would love to have some visitors," Edaline answered.

     "Awesome!" Luke said. This was going to be so cool, Luke couldn't wait!

     "So guys, wanna play again?" Ella asked.

     "Mmm, I think it's time for you kids to go to bed," Grady said, ruffling Ella's hair.

     "You sound like that old guy Mom is always talking about. Wasn't his name something to do with utensils?"

     Grady laughed. "His name is Mr. Forkle. And I'm not that much like him."

     "Anyway," Edaline interrupted, "bed time!"

     "Fine," Jackson said, dragging out the word.

     So everyone traipsed up to Ella's room, saying goodnight and then the boys heading out and going to Jackson's room.

     After a few minutes, Jackson said, "We're not seriously going to sleep, are we?"

     "Maybe we can stay up for a few more minutes," Luke yawned.

     "You seem tired." 

     "No, I'm good."

     "Good. Because I have a theory and I need you to tell me what you think about it," Jackson said.

     "Okay...go on," Luke said.

     "I...I feel like Darla may like me."

     Luke smiled. "What makes you think that?"

     "Well, today we...held hands and it seemed like she was nervous."

     "Holding hands already? Wow, you're advanced for 11," Luke joked.

     "Haha. But do you think she does?" Jackson asked. Luke could hear the wonder in his voice.

     "Who wouldn't? But also...I think you might've been more nervous than she was," Luke said.

     "Maybe I was a bit nervous. But that's not the point!"

     "It kinda is..."

     "Whatever. I'm going to sleep now," Jackson said.

     "Oh, fine," Luke grumbled. "Party pooper," he whispered.

      "No you."

Tada! Another (relatively) short chapter...don't hurt me, they'll get longer. Anyway, thanks for reading! And I'm glad I was able to update again today! 2 updates...I'm proud of myself!

Word count: 811

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~