Chapter Twenty Two: Great...You

So sorry I couldn't have updated sooner on this book...STUPID WRITERS BLOCK! I know it's been ages and I am almost as mean as Shannon Messenger. Almost. Buuut thanks to the lovely ExtremeKotlcFan you have a chapter. She wrote a lot of this , I just added onto it. Everyone give a round of applause to her in the comments please. :) Anyway let's get on with the story!

     Darla's POV

     Darla sank down into a chair and watched Jackson walk away. I wonder what that's about, she thought. But it wasn't her business. Although it didn't seem like Jackson to ignore his fans. He was a lot like his dad in that way. It could be frustrating at some points, but mostly it was okay. Maybe something was wrong...

     "Hey! Sorry to bother you, I just wanted to say hi!" Someone said from behind Darla. It must've been someone who acted in the play, but Darla  couldn't figure out who.

     "Who are you again?" She studied the girl's intensely bright blue eyes.

     She laughed a bit. "Stupid me, I forgot. I just assumed you knew who I am because of Jax."

     Jax? Since when does he allow random people to call him that? Darla thought that was their thing. Apparently she was wrong.

     "I'm Sarah. Sarah Heks," She said while she twirled her curly hair.

     "Okay, well then, hi Sarah, I'm Darla Foster-Sencen."

     "Do you mind if I sit here?" Sarah asked.

     "No, of course not," Darla responded as Sarah sat down next to her.

     "You did really well in the play," Darla commented.

     "Oh, you think so?"

     "Yeah! You were great," Darla smiled.

     "Thanks! You know, this was the first year that I wasn't a tree, or part of an ensemble or something. People always think I won't be that good..."

     Fishes for compliments. Cool. Taking notes.

     "That's interesting. Did you enjoy it?"

     "Oh yeah. Being in the spotlight was fun. Being Ro and all. Me and Jax worked on the play a lot actually, it was nice getting to know him."

     So that's why he wasn't available all those times I tried to hail him...I could have helped him study too!

      "Yeah. He's cool."

     "I actually didn't know how cool it would be to talk to you, Jackson doesn't talk about you much. Actually, he doesn't really talk about you at all."

     Darla's eyes narrowed a bit. He doesn't? I thought we were best friends.

     "We're really close actually, almost like...well, like we've known each other forever. Like we're best friends. And you know, you can only have one true best friend. At least in my world."

     I see what she's getting at. She knows he likes me and she wants me to think that he doesn't. Well I'm not going to let her get to me.

     "Oh. Well then I understand that. I've know Jax since the day he was born. That's true best friends right there. And our parents are friends, so it's nice any time he comes over or our families hang out."

     "But anyway. It must have been weird, playing an ogre. Did it feel like you were really...disgusting? Maybe a bit ugly? Honestly, ogres aren't the best looking creatures. But don't tell the real Ro over there that I said that," Darla continued.

     "Hmm. Yeah, I don't know. I just feel truly sorry for all the people who were too afraid to try out, or didn't make it into the roles they wanted. Like Jax's sister Ella. Sad," she said, in a bored voice as she picked her nails. She didn't seem the least bit sorry.

     That's it. She talked about my friend like that? That little brat is going to get a fist full of Darla.

     "Look, I don't know who you think you are, but Ella deserved that part more than you did. And she would've looked prettier in that ogre costume than you did, I can assure you. And Jax? Poor him for having to put up with you. I'm truly sorry."

     Sarah gasped and then stalked out one door. She may have been nice to him, but she's a real brat to everyone else. Forget being friends with her. I'm done, Darla thought angrily as she walked out the other door.

Word count: 720

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~