Chapter Twenty Four: The Full Moon

Luke's POV

Luke woke up to see blurry, worried faces looking over him. A high voice said, "he's awake, Elwin!"

Luke rubbed his eyes and waited for his vision to clear. When it did, he saw his mom, dad, Jackson, Ella, and Jackson's parents hovering over him.

"Sweetie, how are you feeling? Sick? Do you have a headache? Are you cold? If you're cold, I can get you a blanket, or-"

"Mom," Luke interrupted, "I'm fine."

She nodded, but still gave him a worried look. She was great at those. Jackson smiled at Luke and gave him a look that said, are you okay? Because you're acting okay, but you don't look okay. The usual.

Luke smiled and nodded, and then he heard a voice inside his head.

I'm not supposed to read people's minds without asking, but it comes naturally and I needed to check on my best friend, Jackson transmitted.

Like I said to my mom, I'm fine. I know everyone is worried, but this has happened before. I'm sure Elwin can do something.

I don't know, Luke. He's been checking you regularly and isn't seeing anything. I don't know what's going on, but I don't think it's the injury this time.

Luke raised his eyebrows. Really? I bet you it is.

What do you want to bet on it?

How about...5 lusters? Oh, wait, have you told your parents? About being a Telepath?

I could settle for 5. Be prepared to hand them over soon. And not yet, they were worrying about you and I didn't want to make things about me.

Luke had a feeling that was directed to his earlier statement. Sorry for assuming the wrong thing earlier. It's just that you're the only friend that I'm actually really close to and I didn't want to lose you.

I forgive you, and I'm sorry too.

Luke smiles. Best friends?

Best friends, Jackson agreed.

Then Luke's head went quiet, and he turned to look at everyone else, who was busy glancing back and forth between Jackson and Luke.

I think they know, Jackson said.

Well then stop transmitting to me, idiot.

"Alright," Elwin said as he came walking into the Healing Center. "I see you're awake. How are you feeling? Be truthful."

"Honestly, fine. Just this burning in my stomach."

"Can you describe it for me? The pain?" Elwin asked.

"Well, it feels like I was just struck by lightning there, if that makes sense."

"Ouch," Ella commented.

Luke looked at her. "Yeah. Ouch is right."

"I have a feeling this doesn't have to do with your previous injury," Elwin said.

Jackson smirked at Luke as Luke rolled his eyes. Jackson gave him another one of his looks. I told you so.

"You said lightning? You could be a charger, it might have to do with abilities."

"Yeah. Well, it feels a bit different than lightning, it still feels like light, but I can't figure it out."

"Never heard that before. Then again, I don't have any situations like this."

Luke nodded. Of course, he thought. "When do I get to go home?" He asked.

"As soon as I figure out what's wrong with you," Elwin responded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So Luke stayed there a few more days, Jackson bringing him homework and his mom bringing him new clothes each day. Elwin kept testing him, but it was nothing new. Luke had been tested a lot when he was younger.

Suddenly, right before Luke was getting into his bed at the Healing Center, he asked Elwin, "Can I go for a walk around the garden or something?"

"Why?" Elwin asked.

"I just want a bit of fresh air, I've been in here too long."

"Understandable," Elwin nodded. "Be back in 10 minutes."

Luke walked outside, to the small garden in the front of the school. There were many flowers, some glowing, it was beautiful. Luke realized as he glanced at the sky that there was a full moon. "Interesting," he muttered to himself.

Right then, he felt the burning in his stomach again. But he didn't understand why. All I did was glance at the stars, Luke thought.

Maybe it was something to do with the moon. Luke felt his body walking forward and him slowly starting to levitate uncontrollably. Bright white light flashed through his eyes and he became someone else. He felt different, strong. Like he could absorb the energy of the moon and become just as powerful as it.

That might be my ability, Luke thought. But this doesn't make sense. How could he have a new ability? How could he use it? And how in the world was he supposed to get out of the trance he was stuck in?

Luke could feel his body moving as he itched his ear, his feet firmly on the ground as he dropped back down to it, but he couldn't control anything. This was definitely not normal.

What do you think? Honestly I have no idea where I'm going with this story. All I know is that his is getting kind of long. I might try to find a way to wrap it up soon (don't hate me please). How you liked this and thanks to everyone who's reading this, please vote (I realize I've never asked that but it would mean a lot to me if you could) and comment if you have something to tell me! Constructive criticism is appreciated and I want to know what you think about my story so feel free to tell me anything about it. Anyway, see you next chapter and be prepared for more weird things!!!

Word count: 940

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~