Chapter Twenty Five: Au Revoir

Hi.

Bye.

Hello again?

Luke's POV

Luke was confused. The world felt different, it felt...like he was falling. But yet, he wasn't. He was still standing flat on the ground. Staring at the moon like an idiot.

"Luke!"

Luke turned his head, snapping out of the trance. "What?"

     "What in the actual Forkle are you doing?" Cried Elwin.

     "Honestly, I don't know." Luke whispered. "I think I might've just manifested."

     Elwin shook his head. "But...but how?"

     "I don't know. I really don't know. But I was being pulled to the moon, and I felt this strange urge to touch it. And I think I would have done something, if you hadn't come out."

     Elwin rolled his eyes. "Well sorry, but you were out here for 11 minutes, when you said you would be back in 10. Don't blame me for worrying like I should. I'm a doctor, it's kind of my job."

"I would've been fine, you know. But whatever."

"What exactly happened when you were out here?"

"Well, I was floating. Mid-air-"

"Yeah," Elwin interrupted, "that would be levitating."

Luke glared at the smiling Elwin. "Anyway, I was levitating, I thought something was going to happen. That's pretty much it."

"Why do you think this has something to do with manifesting an ability?"

"Because I felt that pain in my stomach again. And I felt like the power from the moon was flowing through me. I guess it's similar to lightning in a way. But also...not?"

     "Kid, I don't know where you're going with this. Just...maybe we should go back inside? I think your medicine from earlier might be wearing off."

     "Elwin. I'm serious, something happened. But I don't know what it is."

     "Neither do I, we can figure it out in the morning, okay?"

     Luke was frustrated at Elwin. The one time Luke actually needed him, he didn't want to be there for him. Rage bubbles up in Luke's stomach and he started to rise again. Except this time he knew exactly what he was doing.

     Luke waved his arms around and whispered in a language only him and the stars could understand. From a distance, he heard Elwin yelp. Luke smiled, Elwin finally realized that something did happen to him. Luke kept whispering to the sky, unsure what it was doing but loving the power.

     It was almost like he was a new person when he was in this trance. Not the Luke everyone knew. Or...thought they knew. Elwin screamed again, and Luke opened his eyes and turned to Elwin, realizing what he had done. Elwin was surrounded by flames, but not normal flames or Everblaze, it almost sparkled. It was beautiful, jaw-dropping. But it was causing harm, and so was Luke.

     "Make it stop!" Elwin yelled at him as the fire burned closer to him.

     "I-I can't! I don't know how to!"

     "FIGURE IT OUT BEFORE I BURN TO DEATH!" Elwin shouted.

     Luke knew he had to stop it, but how? Then he knew, it came to him. He whispered those words he said in the beginning, and the flames died out, like they were never there. Luke dropped to the ground, shivering.