Chapter Twenty Three: Jealousy

Jackson's POV

Jackson followed Luke as he shot an apologetic glance to Callum before he looked away and focused on Luke. "Wait, stop," Jackson said quietly.

Luke kept his back turned from Jackson as he muttered, "Why should I stop for you?"

Jackson frowned as he reached out to touch Luke's shoulder. Luke walked a bit further, and so did Jackson. "I don't underst-"

Before Jackson could finish, Luke interrupted him and turned around to face him as he said, "Of course you don't understand."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jackson asked, genuinely confused.

"It means, you never understand anyone. It's all about you, no one else."

"So...you're...jealous of me?"

"No. I'm mad at you, because you are self-centered and don't seem to realize other people's feelings until they cross your perfect road," Luke spat.

"Look, if this has to do with Cal, I don't-"

"Oh, so you guys have nicknames and everything now," Luke rolled his eyes.

"Am I not allowed to hang out with other people? Look, I should be able to have other friends."

"Ugh!" Luke shouted. "You can have your own friends, what frustrates me is that you left me to go hang out with someone else. I'm used to being left out, okay? I just didn't expect I would get left out by you."

"Luke..." Jackson tried. "You're my best friend. I wouldn't leave you just for someone else."

"How do you expect me to believe that?"

"I left, and I sat down on a bench, and then Callum came. I started talking to him, I thought it would be fine. I thought I was allowed to talk to other people."

"Once again, you can talk to other people. I don't want to be the controlling friend. It's just that we've been best friends our whole lives, and it makes me mad seeing you having fun with Mr. Perfect."

"So you are jealous," Jackson said.

"I'M NOT JEALOUS!" Luke replied angrily. "I"M NOT-oh," he said suddenly. Luke wobbled before he collapsed onto the grass.

"LUKE!" Jackson shouted. "What happened?"

"I don't know," he whispered, "b-but I can't breathe."

"What do you mean?"

"My stomach. I can't move."

"I'm hailing Elwin. Right now."

"NO! I don't want to."

"You need one," Jackson said.

"No, no, no. Not again, you remember last time?"

Jackson nodded. They were playing in a forest near Luke's house. They had built a treehouse with assistance from the gnomes earlier that week, and it was finally finished. They were almost 8, and it was the coolest thing in the world to them. Well, besides cheese.

"Come on!" Luke shouted as Jackson was finishing eating his indigoobers, "don't be such a..."

"A what?" Jackson said.

"Don't be such a verminion. You eat so slow and like a pig."

"Why thank you," Jackson replied with a grin.

Luke rolled his eyes. "It wasn't a compliment, idiot."

"I'm done, race you!" Jackson shouted.

Luke and Jackson ran to the treehouse, pushing and shoving each other to get there first. Suddenly, Luke fell on his stomach. He wasn't able to breathe, something was pushing up against him. They rushed him to Elwin and he said he had broken 2 ribs, and they had split into a lot of pieces. One wouldn't form back together fully, he was very fragile and had to take medicine a lot. He hated doctors now because he hated chugging down the awful medicine and he would always get sick. He couldn't do many sports because he could injure himself again. Elwin said if it happened again he didn't know how he would be able to heal it.

Jackson shuddered just thinking about it. He kicked a rock and said, "I don't know why doctors can't just work their magic and fix everyone perfectly, but you need to see Elwin, especially because it doesn't make sense how this was triggered."

"No."

"Fine. Then if you won't let me take you to Elwin, I'll hail Uncle Fitz and he can take you to Elwin."

"Not my dad, he's gonna unleash his temper on me and think I'll have been too active and irresponsible."

     "How about your mom?"

     "Fine," Luke grumbled.

     "Also how are you still talking? What with being hurt?" Jackson asked.

     "I wasn't," Luke realized.

     "What?"

     "Were you reading my mind?" Luke asked.

     "I don't know," Jackson responded.

     "Aha! You were! Because I didn't say that out loud, I just thought it."

     "Soo...I'm a Telepath?" Jackson raised his eyebrows. "Cool, but we seriously need to get you to Elwin."

     Fine, Luke thought. But never again. And we're not telling anyone about this, okay? I don't want to be the sick boy again.

     "Luke..."

     Just hail my mom, Luke thought.

     Soon, Aunt Miranda came running from nowhere with worried eyes and crazy hair. "Luke, what the FORKLE happened here?"

     Hehehe FoRkLe love that dude. Okay anyways, I always dedicate the chapter to someone,  so thank you to yourfellowbrunette for voting and reading! And thanks for reading his chapter byeee!

Word count: 847

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~