Chapter Nineteen: 1K Special P1

We're skipping ahead a bit in this chapter. About...2 weeks.

Jackson's POV

Jackson was pacing around his room. Today was showtime. Jackson had only a couple hours before he would be performing in front of the whole school, his parents, basically everyone he knew. It was nerve-wrecking, but Jackson blew out a breath. Everything would be okay.

Except for the fact that Darla won't talk to me, and that Sarah and I haven't practiced in a while, and- the most worrying thing: Mr. D thought me and Sarah should kiss on the lips since he saw us kissing in the halls. Jackson stopped his worrying just then. He realized he just needed to calm down. But he couldn't help but forgetting to calm down completely.

What if I forget my lines? What if I embarrass myself? What if I ruin everything?

The other kiss was accidental. Now it will be on purpose! What if Sarah doesn't like me? What if she doesn't want to kiss me? What if-

"Hey, you okay in there?" Mom said, knocking on Jackson's door.

"Not really," Jackson responded.

"Pre-performance nerves?" She asked, opening his door and sitting on his bed.

She patted the seat next to her for Jackson to sit. He did. "It's more than that. Girl stuff, you wouldn't get it."

Mom laughed. "I think you're forgetting something: I'm a girl."

"Well yeah, but..."

"No, I get it. These are things you would talk to Dad about."

"Yeah-wait, where is Dad?"

"Don't ask me, why should I know?"

"Well, you're his wife."

"He doesn't tell me things!"

"Then he's a bad husband."

Jackson started talking to Mom. Not about the show though, just...random things. It felt so good to talk to her. She understood him. She was his mother, but she made him laugh and made him forget all about the show. Mom really knew how to help people.

Soon Jackson was leaping to the school for a short rehearsal. Everyone put on their costumes, rehearsed, and then...it was time. So everyone sat in a circle and listened to Mr. D's Ted Talk.

"Alright everyone, you have been practicing this for weeks. You're pretty much professionals. You know your lines, and if you don't, you should have practiced more. But all of you did amazing in our rehearsal. I know you'll do ten times better out there. So go out there and do your best, and don't forget: I'll be in the crowd. If you need me, say 'line', and I'll be there to help."

"Yeah!" Everyone said, smiling.

"I'm going out to say hello to your school and families, and then when I walk off, Jackson and Sarah, that's your cue."

Everyone nodded. Jackson faintly heard Mr. D talking, but he tuned everything out as he focused on one breath at a time. Soon it was time, and Jackson walked mindlessly up to the stage with Sarah.

They spoke their lines. Surprisingly, when Jackson started speaking, he wasn't nervous. He was having fun. Jackson knew then this was his thing. Acting, singing. He loved it.

But then it was time for the kiss. Jackson froze. He was nervous for that, really nervous. But he leaned in and touched his lips to Sarah's for a second. Then he pulled away, said his other lines, and bowed.

Hopefully you liked that! I've never done a 'special' before but I thought this would be cool! And this is separated into two parts. I don't know why, I just felt like it. Thanks for reading!

To be continued...

Word count: 602

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~