Chapter Seven: Thoughts

Darla's POV

     Darla thought, and thought, and thought about the first day of school. About those dreamy ice blue eyes she couldn't help but think about. About Jackson.

     He blushed a lot.

     We held hands.

     He seemed nervous.

     Does that mean anything?

     Should it mean anything?

     No, no, no. Darla was overreacting about the situation. She needed to calm down. Honestly, Darla was thinking about a lot more than Jackson. Speaking of her feelings, she felt like she should be calm all the time, and be nice, and she felt like she was seen that way, but she wasn't all the time. She was jealous of her mother (that's Linh btw).

But...she was also glad to have her mother. Her family in general. Her parents were so happy together, they were kind, loving, she had a great home. So why did she feel so weird?

Darla decided to hail Jackson. Soon his face showed up on her screen.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I was just feeling a bit odd and I thought maybe I'd talk to you."

"Oh. Well, what do you want to talk about?"

Honestly, Darla didn't know. She just knew that Jackson always brightened her mood. "I don't know," Darla responded.

Suddenly Jackson got an idea. At least, that was what it looked like.

"Do you want to come over?"

Darla smiled. "Let me ask my Mom and Dad."

Darla ended the call soon, and asked Dad, who was in the living room.

"Hey Dad, can I go over to the Foster-Sencen's?" Darla asked.

"Sure sweetie," He responded. "Just be back before dark, okay?"

"Alright."

A few minutes later Darla headed over to see Jackson. When she stepped out of the light she saw a familiar figure waving at her.

     "Jackson! Hey!"

"Hey!"

Darla walked over to him.

"Do you want to come inside?" He asked.

"Sure!" Darla smiled.

They walked inside to be greeted with a, "Hi Darla!" From Ella, an eyebrow wiggle from Uncle Keefe, and a girly smile from Aunt Sophie.

"Let's go upstairs," Jackson suggested.

"Ooh, upstairs," Ella commented. "They want privacy."

Jackson rolled his eyes. "Mom, tell her to leave us alone," he whined.

"That's what sisters do, honey."

"Sorry about that," Jackson said as they walked up to his room.

"It's alright. Your family actually provides quite good entertainment."

"Please don't go using big words, you know I can't understand them."

Darla rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, do you want something to eat while we're here?" Jackson asked.

"Sure. What do you have?"

"Its a surprise."

A few minutes later Jackson came running up with...

"Is that chocolate?" Darla asked, her mouth watering.

"Nutella. On bread," Jackson responded.

Darla licked her lips. "Yum!"

Later they were done eating the deliciousness.

"Um...you have a bit of chocolate on your face," Jackson said after a bit.

"Where?"

"Right on your left cheek."

"Did I get it?" Darla asked.

Jackson smirked. "No."

Darla tried again. "How about now?"

"Let me help you," Jackson said as he softly wiped his thumb over her cheek.

Darla blushed. Like crazy. "T-thanks."

The position was awkward, but Darla was kind enjoying it. Since they were sitting on his bed though, it was quite bouncy and when Jackson leaned over to brush her cheek again, he accidentally knocked her over and fell on top of her.

Of course, that was the time when Jackson's dad walked in.

Oh. My. Gosh! I loved writing this. You may recognize this last bit from PoP, I also wrote something like this with Fitz intervening after they fell. It's funny to write, you know? Anyway, thanks for reading! Shoutout to Cammy284 for reading, and commenting. Thank you!

Word count: 621

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~