Chapter Fifteen: Rehearsals

Jackson's POV
(Continuing from the intro)

Last chapter:

It was the day after finding out the roles, and everyone who got a role was told to come to the music room after school so they could get scripts and do a bit of a run-through, have everyone get used to their roles, do a few exercises, and get to know one another.

     Jackson was very excited. Although Ella was the only thing on his mind. He felt bad for Ella, and they were on thin ice since they hadn't gotten over their conversation yesterday (she had locked herself in her room the rest of the day), she was still at rehearsals and hopefully she could still have fun.

"Alright. First, let's go through the script together. Everyone has highlighted their lines, yes?" Mr. Dewal instructed.

"Yes," everyone said.

"Good. Now we'll start off with Jared, playing the Narrator."

(Continues)

     "Our setting is in Ravagog, in the castle, where Bo and Ro sit side by side," Jared said, reading his paper.

    "How are you feeling, Ro?" Jackson read.

"I'm doing fine, Bo," a girl named Sarah said.

"You seem stressed."

"Honey, don't worry about it."

"Ro," Jackson said in a pushy voice.

"Bo," Sarah replied.

"Doing great so far," Mr. Dewal said.

"Ro, I know you're queen now, and...it's a lot of pressure. But you have people to support you."

Sarah sighed dramatically, like it said in the script. "Like who?"

"Me," Jackson said sweetly.

"And now...here's where the kiss comes in," Mr. D said.

"WHAT?" Jackson and Sarah said in unison.

"Don't worry, it's just a kiss on the cheek."

"But I-" Jackson started.

"You don't have to do it right now, we'll figure it out later."

Jackson saw Ella frown. She turned to him and raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Mr. Dewal-"

"Everyone, go and look at your scripts, go over your parts, practice them. Sarah and Jackson, you two should practice together."

Sarah looked at Jackson. "I'll hail you later?"

"Uh, okay," Jackson shrugged.

~~~~~~

Later, Jackson looked at his Imparter. Sarah hadn't called, and Jackson was kind of glad she hadn't. He would have to kiss her. He was only 11, this was a bit of a weird thing for him to think about. It would be so awkward between him and Sarah, especially because he liked someone else, and he was sure she did too. Jackson decided to trust his dad.

"Dad?" Jackson asked cautiously.

"Yes?" Dad responded.

"I need to tell you something."

Dad rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me you got your head stuck in-"

"Not again, Dad. That was a one-time thing!"

Dad chuckled. "But it's funny to tease you."

"Anyway. In the play we're doing, I'm the one of the lead roles. I'm playing Bo, and this girl Sarah is playing Ro, and-"

Dad gasped. "Did they take my suggestion for the ballad?"

"Obviously. And STOP INTERRUPTING!!! In the script, we are supposed to kiss, and I don't know what to do."

"Do you like her?"

"I don't even know her."

"But you like someone else?" Dad pushed.

Jackson scratched his head. "Possibly."

"So you think that will be an awkward situation?"

"Yeah," Jackson admitted. "Also, we're supposed to practice together a lot."

"Hmm. Well, maybe you should tell Dar-I mean, the girl who you're crushing on what's going on. That way if they walk into an awkward situation and find you with someone else they won't think much of it."

Jackson raised his eyebrows. "You seem like you speak from experience."

"We'll, your mother and I were in a...situation...and Uncle Fitz-you know what, that's not the point. Point is, go talk to the girl, and go talk to Sarah too."

"Okay," Jackson said. But as he walked away, he thought of a question. "What if I hang out with Sarah and get to know her so well that...I like her too?"

"Then that would be an unfortunate situation."

Ah! I finished! Sorry this took longer than expected everyone. I just forgot about updating yesterday and it's a bit late today, but I am publishing and that's the point, right?
Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to (sorry I keep calling it 'shoutouts' I feel like that's incorrect) DBsjsnsnz ! Thank you for reading, I enjoy your comments!
And thanks everyone else for reading! I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Word count: 739

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~