Chapter Five: Bonding Time

Continuing Luna's POV

Later, Luna leapt home to see her dad! She loved that. Usually he wasn't there when she got home, he got home later. He was outside today, it looked like he was waiting for her.

     "Hey Dad!" Luna said.

     "Hey Luna! How was your day?" Dad asked.

     "It was okay," Luna said nervously.

     "It doesn't sound like it was okay."

     Luna sighed. "A girl insulted you and Mom today," Luna started.

     "What happened?" Dad asked carefully.

     "She had just gotten her ability and I thought she was being a bit obnoxious, bragging and all, and I said that to my friends, and then she started saying mean things to me. And saying that maybe I was jealous, and maybe since you are a twin and Mom is a child of multiple kids then maybe I wouldn't have an ability."

     "Oh," Dad said quietly. "You know that's not true, right?"

"I-it could be."

"But it won't be. Don't worry about it, don't worry about her, okay?"

"Okay."

"Also, when you were talking before I noticed your face get red. My fatherly instincts are speaking to me, I think there's something you're not telling me."

So he noticed, Luna thought. Ugh!

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about how Cecelia helped me calm down after what happened," Luna started.

Dad nodded Luna on. "Well, she comforted me and she was really nice and she touched my hand and there might have been sparks and then we went on a little walk and-"

Dad raised his eyebrows. "Sparks, eh?"

Luna stared at the green grass beneath her. "Please don't judge me."

Dad lifted her chin up, staring Luna in the eye. "I would never judge you. In fact...I was like you when I was younger."

"You were?"

"I liked girls and boys," he said softly.

"I-kinda like Cecelia. And I've liked other boys before...so I'm like you?"

"It's a good thing to bond over, isn't it?" Dad smiled.

"Yeah."

A few minutes later he went inside. From the window it looked like he was talking to Mom about something. A few minutes later he came out and said, "You know how I said bonding time?"

"Yeah?"

"Care to have some more?"

~~~~~~

Luna and Dad went to so many places! He took her to Atlantis and he got her some jewelry, and they listened to people playing music on he sandy streets, and lastly, they sat down to eat ice cream. It had been installed in Atlantis and had gotten a lot of attention over the years because it wasn't from the Lost Cities.

"This is your first time having ice cream, isn't it?" Dad asked when Luna sat down at a table with him.

     "I think so," Luna said slowly. "Is it good?"

     Tam smiled. "Of course! Try it."

     "You're sure?"

     "Positively."

     "Really?"

     "Yes!"

     "It's not gonna poison me?"

     "NO! Just eat your ice cream, kid."

So Luna carefully took the tiniest lick ever of her vanilla ice cream.

Her eyebrows shot up. "This is amazing!"

Dad rolled his eyes. "That's what I was trying to tell you."

~~~~~~

Later on, they had finished their ice creams and came back home. Luna tried on some new outfits, and got some new jewelry, but that wasn't the important part. The important part was that she got to be with Dad and spend some quality time together. So when Luna rushed downstairs to eat dinner, she didn't pass up the opportunity to give him a big hug. He hugged her back, too.

"I love you," She whispered.

"I love you too."

Ah, you thought that was the end? No. There is more.

"Hey hey hey, I love you guys too!" Mom said as Dad and Luna opened their arms.

Family embraces. There was something about them that could beat anything else. Fuzzy, warm, beautiful. Luna was happy to be in a family like this.

Well, I was going to say, 'sorry for the short chapter' once again, but I think that's getting annoying. Anyway, although this was short and didn't have a ton of exciting stuff, it was still okay, right? Eh I don't need your opinions! But thanks for reading.

Word count: 706

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~