Chapter Thirteen: Tryouts P2

Jackson's POV

     As soon as Jackson was called into the room, he froze up. All of a sudden he felt very nervous.

     "Jackson? Did you hear me?" Mr. Dewal asked, interrupting him from his thoughts.

     "Sorry, what?"

     "You may sing now."

     Jackson took a deep breath to calm his nerves. This wasn't that big of a deal. Right? Besides, he had never really sang before, how would he know how good he was if he didn't try? 

     Or how bad I am, Jackson thought negatively. But he pushed all thoughts aside as he started:

     I'd catch a grenade for ya
     Throw my hand on a blade for ya
     I'd jump in front of a train for ya
     But you won't do the same

     Jackson realized he sang for a very short time, but that type of song was a lot in just a few lines, he thought.

It seemed like Mr. D was shocked. That, or bored. Or a completely different emotion, it was hard to read his emotions, especially since Jackson didn't have the power his dad did.

"Mr. Foster-Sencen, please act out this script."

Soon it was all over. Jackson felt proud of himself, like he had accomplished a lot by singing. Unleashing his inner artist. Later Jackson realized he loved it. Performing, singing, acting. Because it was fun.

"Will you sing for me?" Ella asked as they headed back to their friends who were waiting for them as they ate lunch. Ella and Jackson tried out during lunch, but it didn't take too long, so they were still able to come back and eat.

"I don't know. Will you sing for me?"

"I asked you first!" She said as she sat down next to Luke.

"Well I-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Luna asked with a confused face.

"Someone went to try out for the drama program with me and won't sing for me," Ella said as she gestured to Jackson.

"I just think you have a better voice so it should go first," he said kindly.

"Well...thanks...but I've always heard it as 'save the best for last'."

"Hmm. Well then I take back my compliment. I'm the better singer. So I sing last."

"Maybe," Cecelia interrupted, "you could just eat your lunch before you run out of time to."

Jackson narrowed his eyes at her. "Fine."

~~~~~~

Later, Jackson went home to see his parents. (What a shock.)

"Hi Mom! Hi Dad!" Ella said as she hugged them.

"How were the tryouts?" Dad asked.

"Good," Jackson and Ella said in unison.

"You both tried out?" Mom asked.

"Someone felt like they should crash the party," Ella said.

"Just because arts is usually your thing doesn't mean it can't be mine too," Jackson replied.

"Did you both try out for the leading roles?" Dad asked curiously.

"Yes," Ella said confidently, while Jackson said it more shyly.

"Interesting. I can't wait to find out who gets what!" Jackson's parents said.

These chapters feel so short, so why do they take forever to write? That's the true question. Oh. My. Gosh this one had me annoyed.

I'm writing this later in the night after I've taken a test and I'm about to go to swim very early in the morning tomorrow...SO TIRED. And when you keep spelling one word over and over again and it just keeps getting it wrong...AHHHH!

Anyway. Thank you all so much for reading, I love you all! I'll see you next chapter!

Word count: 587

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~