Chapter Eight: Oh Wait, There's More

Jackson's POV

"Dad! Hi!" Jackson said as he rushed to pull himself away.

Dad was smirking. "I thought I'd come up to see what you lovebirds were doing."

"We're not lovebirds!" Jackson and Darla said at the same time.

"Sure."

"Dad, seriously! I just fell!"

Dad smirked again. "Okay," he said in a sarcastic voice.

"DAD!"

"Fine, fine. It was an accident."

Jackson narrowed his eyes. "I can see your fingers crossed."

"Don't be such a kid, I wasn't doing that!"

"One, I am a kid, and two, you totally were."

"Whatever. I guess I'll leave you two alone."

Once he left Jackson said, "I'm very sorry for my family."

Darla laughed. "It's honestly okay. I think it's funny."

     "That's one of the many things I like about you. You always see the positive in things."

     Darla smiled. "I like you too."

Jackson smiled. "Thanks-wait, what?"

Darla suddenly got very nervous. "I...um...I didn't mean...I mean...well...I should go."

Jackson reached his hand out. "Wait!"

But she had already left.

A moment later, Jackson came down the stairs to his parents having those 'looks' that lets you know you're going to be talking to them for a while.

     Jackson groaned loudly. He decided that was all he needed to say.

      "So..." Mom started.

     "So?" Jackson continued.

     "So..." Dad said, tapping his fingers on his crossed arms.

     "So?" Jackson said again.

     "So-"

     "Can we please get to the point?" Jackson interrupted.

     "Yeah, please? I thought this was going to be interesting," Ella commented.

     "Ella, upstairs," Dad ordered.

     "Fine," Ella dragged out the word as she trudged upstairs.

     "Anyway..." Jackson started.

     "JACKSON'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND! THAT'S THE POINT!" Ella yelled, obviously still listening. She was probably sitting on the stairs eavesdropping.

     "Ella..." Mom started.

     "I know, I know. Upstairs."

     "Don't you give me that attitude!" Mom called.

     Dad put his hand on her shoulder. "Darling, calm down."

     Jackson coughed loudly, prompting his parent's lecture that was sure to be coming.

     Dad snapped his fingers. "Right. Conversation," he paused to smirk, "someone's got a girlfriend!"

     "I WAS RIGHT!"

    "ELLA! STOP!" Jackson yelled.

     "Anyway," Dad started.

     "I do not have a girlfriend."

     Mom smiled. "Not yet. Keefe, do you remember when we first liked each other?"

     "Oh," Dad started dramatically. "It was when I first saw you. All lost, nervous for your first day, as I understand it, that's exactly what happened with Jackson here."

     Jackson groaned. "Can we not compare me to you? It makes me seem uncool."

     "I wouldn't be worried about what that does about your reputation. I'd be more worried about what people think of you and Darla."

    "Okay. Fine. Glad we got that covered. Can I go now?"

    "Hmm, let's see, Sophie, honey, do we think we've embarrassed him enough?"

     "No. But...we do have another child. Let's go see what she's up to."

     Dad grinned. "Yay! Another kid to embarrass!"

Ah. A new chapter! Yes, it's short, but please don't be mad. Over that or the fact that this was a few days late. Honestly I've had a lot of stress lately, what with coming back from my event and all. But now I have WiFi, so the next chapter that I owe you (and I think another...tell me if I'm missing one) will come out today.
Thanks for being patient. I appreciate it. Love you all, and this shout-out goes to everyone who has read this! 😁😍

Word count: 579

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~