Chapter Nine: What Did I Do?

Darla's POV

     Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.

     What did I do?

     Darla was mentally smacking her head. Over, and over, and over. She said "I like you too."

     And then...Jackson...his face looked so happy but...he was confused. Like maybe he didn't think she should like him. Did he like someone else? Luna?

What if she liked him too? Then...they would spend time together, and get to know each other better, and later on, maybe even start dating. As crazy as her theory sounded, Darla couldn't let that happen. So she marched over to the Song's house.

"Uh, hey Darla!" Luna said with a smile. "What's with the mad face?"

"Sorry. I didn't mean for it to be. I just need to ask you...do you like Jackson?"

Luna's smiling face turned to confused. "No...why would you think-" Luna cut herself off as she said, "Oh."

"I just needed to ask. Because we were talking earlier, and I accidentally said I liked him, and then he looked happy, but he looked confused, and also not happy, so I didn't know if that was because of me, and then I thought 'maybe he likes someone else', and you're a very likeable person, and...I think you get what I'm saying," Darla rushed.

"Look, I know you like him. Okay? And I know he likes you. So you don't have anything to worry about. And I'm your cousin. I'll stick with you. If you like someone, I'll stay away. But trust me when I say I do not like him."

Darla smiled. "Okay."

"By the way, you should go talk to him before things get awkward."

"They already are awkward."

"Come on," Luna said as she nudged Darla's shoulder. "You know what I mean."

Darla smiled. "Yeah, yeah. And I guess that would make sense. We do start school again on Monday (it's the weekend guys), and I wouldn't want to have to be around everyone else with things being so awkward."

"Okay. Well, thanks for stopping by!"

"Bye Luna!" Darla called as she walked over to the Song's Leapmaster and yelled, "Solstice Sands!"

Darla knocked on the door of the beach house, feeling great. She was ready to talk to Jackson.

"Hey," Aunt Sophie said as she opened the door and let Darla in. "I assume you're here for Jackson?"

"Yes, actually. I'm a bit confused on an assignment for The Universe, and since we both have that class together, I figured we could talk about it."

Aunt Sophie smiled, like she assumed something else was going on, enough for a girl to come over to a boy's house twice in a day, but she left it alone.

So Darla walked upstairs to Jackson's room.

"Hi Jackson. Can I talk to you?" Darla asked once she saw him sitting on his bed.

"Of course."

"I'm sorry I didn't finish talking about...earlier, I was a little nervous."

"That's understandable," Jackson commented.

"And what I said was true. I really do like you."

"Really?" Jackson said, smiling.

"Really really."

Jackson wrung his hands. "I do too," he said.

Just then Jackson wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly, but gently at the same time. Darla hugged back, of course.

"And I heard you talking to my mom," Jackson started when they broke away. "1. I'm very impressed with your lying skills," he said with a wink, "and 2. If you do have problems with The Universe, or any other class, I would be happy to help you. Although you may have to help me help you. I'm not always the smartest."

Darla laughed. "Good to know. And I strive to lie as well as you and your dad."

"Would you say it's your life goal?"

"Why not?"

Ah. The sweet, sweet feeling of finishing a chapter. Finishing two, actually. I don't feel like doing a shoutout in this chapter since I did a lot of them in the next chapter.

Anyway, tell me what you think, please vote and I would love to hear what you think about my book! Thanks for reading everyone!

Word count: 696

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~