Chapter Fourteen: Results

Ella's POV

     It was lunchtime the next day, and Ella couldn't wait to see the results!

     "Jackson! Jackson! The results are of who made it in are posted! And the roles!" Ella called excitedly as her brother rushed over with equal enthusiasm in him.

     "I want to see!" He said.

     "Me first!" Ella grinned as she ran over to where the flyer was.

     Ella stopped dead in her tracks. She looked for her name quickly, and then looked next to it to see what she got.

     Ella got very excited when she saw she was in! She gave a thumbs up to Jackson and he moved to look at his name. Ella moved her eyes down the other flyer until she saw the lead role. But she was surprised when she saw who was next to it.

     "That's not my name," she muttered.

     Although Ella had still gotten a good role with speaking parts, it wasn't what she expected. In all of her activities she did dramawise she was always the lead, always the one that things were centered around. It was...unfamiliar to not have gotten her role. Ella walked away, her shoulders slumping a bit. But she looked at her brother's name before she walked away.

     Immediately he saw her and a concerned look appeared on his face as he walked over to her.

     "What's wrong, little sis?" He asked.

     "One; we are the same age. Two; nothing's wrong. Don't worry."

    "No, I'm older by 3 minutes! This kind of thing is important. And did you not get what you wanted?"

    "It's not. But that's not the point."

     "Then what is?"

     "I'll talk to you later."

~~~~~~

     Ella didn't know why, but she was mad at her brother. Angry, confused, sad, but really mad. She couldn't help it.

     "Ella!" Said a familiar voice as Ella walked over to the Leapmaster in Foxfire.

     Ella rolled her eyes. "What?" She asked as she turned around.

     "Don't be so moody! I just didn't want you to forget about me."

     "I could never forget about you."

"I thought you meant that in a nice way, but now I'm confused because you said it in a mad voice..." he started.

"I'm just mad."

"Why?"

Ella moved him into the light with her as she shouted 'Solstice Sands'. She needed this extra time to figure out what she would say.

     "That was fast," Jackson said as he entered their house and sat on a couch.

     "Anyway. Why are you mad?" He asked.

     "It's just...I feel like you get everything you want just without trying."

     "What do you mean?"

     Ella sighed. "I have been into music for years. Practicing my voice and dance moves and speaking my roles. I've worked hard, and that's why I'm the lead. But then you show up, this is just an idea you had randomly, you haven't practiced anything or worked hard at all, and you get the role you wanted. The lead."

     "It's not my fault maybe I have some natural talent, okay? And you're really awesome. I think the problem is you have gotten so used to being the lead that you can't accept defeat when you don't get it. Maybe...maybe this is a good learning experience for you."

     "I know you're trying to help, but you seem like you think I don't know anything. So stop, okay? I'm going to my room," Ella said angrily.

     Jackson's face looked hurt. She knew he was only trying to help, and he was being really supportive. But Ella couldn't help it. She might've thought, deep down, that Jackson was right. But she wasn't ready to accept defeat. She would keep trying for that lead role. Somehow, she knew she would get it.

Ooh, nice ending, right? I think so.

I feel like I'm getting very sleep deprived. What with my 7 hours of sleep last night and my early swim practice that was very tiring, and just me feeling depressed today for no reason...I'm ready to end this chapter and say 'that's all, folks'!
So...that's all, folks.
Thank you so much for reading and this shoutout goes to lavenderroses_nlove for reading and commenting! Also, I've probably never mentioned this, but if you want to get a shoutout just comment on my book so I know you've read it!

Word count: 725

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~