Chapter Twenty One: Lots of Thinking

WOW it's been a long time since I've published anything. To everyone reading this now...it's literally been almost 3 months since I've published anything. I've been so inactive and I can't believe that my stories have still gotten reads and that my followers are still with me. I don't really understand you guys, but I guess I understand you enough to know you're awesome. I know I kinda left you on a cliffhanger, and honestly you all have probably forgotten about this book, but I am finally starting it back up again and I will actually try to update regularly. Anyway, this is a super long A/N...so I should probably end it and let you read the chapter. But before I do, I want to let you know that since I am writing this I have all of the power in the world and I am the game maker *cue evil laugh*. So you maaay not get what you want. anyway. legoooo!

     Jackson's POV

Jackson walked through the empty halls and tried to find a place to be alone. He tried having fun while he was performing, but honestly...Jackson was a nervous wreck the whole time. Although it became more enjoyable since he was with his friends, his stage fright was too overpowering.

Not to mention other drama with girls. Jackson was torn between two cool girls who both liked him. The problem was, he liked them both too. Jackson felt like he needed to talk to someone, but he didn't know who to talk to.

     Luke would be able to help him, but he was probably talking to his parents, or Ella. Jackson continued walking as he thought about it. He got so lost he ran into someone.

     Jackson looked up to see Luke. "Oh, hey. Sorry," he said.

     "Nah, it's fine. Why are you out here, Mr. Star of The Show? Shouldn't you be signing autographs from your adoring fans?" Luke said with a laugh.

     "My fans are overwhelming. It's hard to concentrate when so many people want you," Jackson responded as he struck a pose.

     "Seriously, though. I know you, you look kinda...confused."

     Jackson started to fiddle with his hands. "I was just thinking."

     "About..." Luke pressed.

     "About Sarah and Darla. I really like both of them, and they like me, and I don't know who I like more."

"You don't have to decide now, it's not like whoever you like better is the person you'll marry. We're only Level Ones, we've got a long way to go together. Maybe their feelings will fade, maybe they'll move on," Luke said.

"Okay, But it's just been on my mind for a while, and it's really distracting."

"I don't really know what to do, Jax. But like I said, you shouldn't have to know what to do either. How do you know that you don't like guys?" Luke said.

"I...never thought about that. I should probably go though."

"Uh, okay..."

"See you later," Jackson waved. Jackson ran away, outside and sat on a bench. He thought about what Luke said. Jackson's thoughts soon got interrupted again by someone. "Hey," said a familiar voice.

The voice jolted Jackson out of his thoughts and his eyes landed on Callum, a boy from his alchemy class.

"Oh, hi. Sorry, I didn't see you," Jackson said. "Want to sit down?"

"Sure," Callum said as he flopped down onto the bench next to Jackson. "What are you doing?" he asked, a curious expression on his face.

"Looking at the stars and thinking about stuff. I always wonder how something can be so beautiful and magnificent, yet so small."

"I know the feeling. I just get lost in them, stars are so...compelling. It reminds me of someone I know," Callum responded.

"Really?" Jackson wondered. "Who?"

Callum started to laugh quietly. "It's you."

"Me? What do you mean?" Jackson asked as he started blushing.

Callum began to laugh more at Jackson. Soon he said, "You're so bright. You're interesting in so many ways, and there's so much I don't know about you, but that makes me want to know more."

"T-Thank you," Jackson responded, blushing more and feeling nervous. "You really think so?"

"I never lie," Callum said with a shy grin.

"You remind me a lot of the sun," Jackson said suddenly.

"Why? Because I'm hot?" Callum asked with a laugh.

"No," Jackson answered seriously. "Well... that may have something to do with it, but that's not the point."

"What is the point?"

"You're powerful and strong, but you aren't overpowering. And you can be pretty cool, despite how weird you can be."

"Thanks...I think?" Callum said.

"I'm not the best at complimenting people. But, like you, I never lie," Jackson responded.

"So I see. But wait. How exactly am I weird?"

Jackson smirked, feeling more confident as he talked to Callum. "Well, you always-"

"What are you talking about?" Luke said from behind Jackson and Callum.

"Did I...should I go?"

"No, you don't have to," Jackson and Callum said.

"Do you want me to go?"

"Well...I mean, you don't-I mean-maybe-" Jackson struggled to find the right words to say.

"I'll go," Luke decided, annoyed.

"I-Okay..."

Soon Luke stalked away. He looked really upset, but Jackson didn't know what to do.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, but I need to go talk to him. I'll see you soon Callum."

"Bye."

That was the end of a very weird and probably very messy chapter. Hope you enjoyed it, I kinda have no idea what I'm gonna write after this, but I guess I'll figure it out. I was writing a few chapters but now I'm kinda forgetting about them because I decided to change this chapter a bit. So sorry for the wait. Love you guys so much!

Word count: 980

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~