[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝟏𝟏𝐩𝐦~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ "𝘽𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩," 𝙍𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙. "𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚, 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 11." ]

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

After unpacking for an hour, Mae came to a single conclusion.

She hated it.

And as if loading tons of boxes wasn't enough, Lina and Eveline had dragged her to Ranboo and Rexanne's house for dinner, claiming they'd finish packing the next day.

"Don't worry," Eveline nudged Mae with her shoulder as they pressed the doorbell again. "They make good food."

On the third doorbell ring, the royal blue front door was pulled open, and they were greeted with a tall woman around Lina's age with recognizable dirty blonde hair.

"Marianna!" Lina beamed.

"Lina! Eveline!" the woman, who Mae guessed was Marianna, pulled Lina and Eveline into a group hug.

"It's been so long!" Marianna pulled away from the hug, ushering them inside the house, "I take this is your daughter? Rexanne told me about they met very briefly."

She pointed to Mae, to which Mae smiled lightly and said, "I'm Mae. Lina's biological daughter and Eveline's step-daughter."

"Very nice!" Marianna smiled, "take a seat, I'll get the boys and Rexanne."

As told, Mae, Eveline, and Lina took seat at the dining table. The house looked like a normal family house, although it contained minimal mess.

"So that's Rexanne's mom?" Mae whispered.

"Yep. And our best friend from highschool. We haven't seen her since we graduated, but we reconnected over the house on social media," Lina answered.

"Oh. Cool," Mae nodded, pulling out her phone and filtering out the background by scrolling through her notifications.

[𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨]

rhiver (bestie #1)
hey mae! u at the new home yet?
i miss u D: kalen says hi tho :D

Mae smiled at the phone. Kalen was the third part of their best friend trio, and was usually Rhiver and Mae's go-to for advice when they ran into troubles in their old relationship.

mae (bestie #2)
i'm actually at my neighbors house rn
eveline and lina's highschool bsf owns it
tell kalen i miss him and i said hi <3
have they found a bf yet lmao

rhiver (bestie #1)
cool!
kalen says no </3 he's playing heart on ice rn

mae (bestie #2)
heart 💔 been broke 📉 so many times ⏰

rhiver (bestie #1)
lmfao anyways
call me when ur home?
sleep on call? :)

mae (bestie #2)
sure! <3
if i don't die of boredom by then
Read at 8:09

[𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨]

A couple minutes later, footsteps and a familiar voice took Mae's eyes off of her phone. When Mae looked up, Rexanne was already sitting beside her and Ranboo was across from her.

"Don't forget," Rexanne said, hinting to the meeting she had arranged for 11pm that night.

"Yeah, yeah," Mae muttered. In all honesty, she wasn't looking forward to it. The stars never interested her.

"Trust me, you'll like it."

Mae didn't even get a chance to respond when Marianna emerged from the kitchen, carrying a dish of lasagna and buckets of ice cream.

The aroma filled the air, and quickly everyone had eaten their servings. By the time they were done, everyone except for Ranboo were deep into conversation. Rexanne and Mae had clicked immediately, so the time flew.

Marianna stood from her seat and waved dismissively, "It's about time we head to sleep. Mae, you're sleeping in Rexanne's room. Your parents will be in the guest room. I'll clean up the dishes whilst you all head to sleep."

Marianna stole a glance at Ranboo, who smiled and left the table. Slowly, everyone else followed suit and got ready for bed. Since Mae and Rexanne were sharing a room that night, Mae decided to wander her room.

Rexanne's room was decently sized, with sage green walls, LED-lights, and a canopy above her bed. The rest of the furniture and decorations were of nice quality- plush armchairs, fluffy throw pillows, and knotted blankets. Though she would admit her makeshift air mattress ruined the whole aesthetic.

"Hey," Rexanne stepped into the room. "I don't think I can go in the field at 11. I've got somewhere to go. I'm sorry. Maybe you could go see it for yourself?"

"Oh, that's fine. Remember, I don't really have any interest in stars. I'm tired anyways."

Rexanne gave her a pitiful smile before waving and heading out the door.

Mae wasn't lying when she said she was tired, so she fell against the cold air mattress. She expected to sleep within minutes, but for some reason sleep felt drastically farther than usual.

Maybe I can check out the stars. Just for a minute.

Thus, Mae snuck out the back door and entered the field. Navigating the endless crowds of flowers brushing the fabric of her pajama pants.

And to her surprise, when she arrived at Rexanne's requested spot, she found Ranboo laid amongst the flowers.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧