[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙈𝙖𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨. 𝙊𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤, 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧. ]

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Ranboo and Mae had spoken for two hours that night, switching from Ranboo's constellations to Mae's life back in her old home. They'd clicked, and the conversation felt right. Like they had known each other for years instead of hours. But that didn't stray away from the fact talking for two hours straight took away a lot of Mae's energy.

After they'd returned to their room, Mad dropped onto the air mattress with a fatigued sigh. She laid down in complete silence for a while, the only sound being an owl in the distance. She played a mental replay of her day inside of her head, smiling.

Abruptly, Mae's phone began ringing.

Rhiver.

She foraged in her backpack for her earbuds, and picked up the call as soon as she found them.

"MAE!" Rhiver exclaimed. Mae could hear the excitement in his voice. "I miss you."

"Same here Rhiver," Mae whispered.

There was a regretful pain in her chest- Mae could hear that Rhiver had genuinely missed her- and obviously had Mae on his mind since she'd been gone.

But honestly, was that really how she felt back?

No.

No matter how hard she would try convincing herself, she knew had already begun replacing Rhiver with a newfound friendship with a certain dirty blonde haired-boy.

Technically, it's not my fault Ranboo makes me happier than I've ever been in nearly a year.

"Mae?" Rhiver repeated. "Are you already asleep?"

"No.. I'm just really tired. It's like one and I've been awake since five, and I was... busy," Mae propped the phone up against her side pillow- just as they always did when falling asleep on call.

"Oh."

Mae mumbled a distant "night", then eventually fell asleep, leaving Rhiver to his thoughts.

She's replacing me, isn't she?

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧
[𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘽𝙊𝙊 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Ranboo exhaled deeply into his pillow, flipping it for nearly the third time in the past half hour.

"Something's missing."

Oh who am I kidding? It's her.

Mae.

It wasn't in much of a romantic way, it was more of a feeling of emptiness. The past hours had been so much more enjoyable than usual, and he knew Mae had a lot to do with it.