[𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐢𝐥𝐲~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

A year passed, and honestly, Mae couldn't have asked for anything better.

School started, she made more friends, Ranboo and Mae were still dating, and her streaming career only got better.

Today was special too, because of two reasons.

Ranboo and Mae held their first year dating anniversary, and Lina's sister, Jana, was getting married.

Jana insisted Ranboo would tag along in her invitation, and so he did.

So now we land on the day of the wedding, with Mae getting ready.

"I really, really, hate heels," Mae complained to herself, getting up and going down to the living room. As she did, the layers of her dress cascaded from behind her smoothly.

[that's the dress🥵☝️]

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she looked up to see Ranboo frozen in his spot, sporting his favorite pink suit. Eveline stood beside him, so Mae assumed she had been helping Ranboo prepare.

"You look..."

"Would you say, average?" Mae teased, a smile upon her face.

Ranboo chuckled, shaking his head, "I would say gorgeous, maybe even pog."

"Oh, don't fucking pog me, your ruining the moment," Mae shot back to hide the red on her face.

"Cute, cute," Lina ushered Mae and Ranboo to the front door. "Now let me take pictures, then we can go."

After Lina's pictures, they all filed into Lina's car and set off to the location.

A couple hours passed, then soft music came more audible as they pulled into the venue. It was an outside wedding, with the view of the beach in the back. They weren't exactly early, but they had arrived late enough for most people to already be there.

"We're going to greet Jana," Lina explained. "Just hang around for now."

Mae exchanged a glance with Ranboo. "Food?"

They both took off running to the food table, scanning their eyes over the plentiful plates and stands of desserts and meals.

"The cheesecake is so good," Mae's eyes widened as she took a slice. Wiping a bit of the frosting on Ranboo's nose, she laughed.

"I'm wearing my suit!" Ranboo retorted, wiping it off frantically.

They continued their playful bantering until they were called to the isle to watch the ceremony. It was like any normal wedding, and passed fairly quickly. After Jana was wed, the slow dance music turned on.

And as if on timing, the beginnings of rain dropped onto their shoulders. Nobody complained; rather enjoyed it as the dance went on.

"Take my hand. Take a breath," Ranboo whispered, holding out his hand. "Dance with me at the shore?"

"You're so lucky I like you enough to get in the sand with a dress for you," Mae sighed, taking Ranboo's hand and letting him lead her to the shoreline.

Their dance was messy, since they never did it often and they were at the beach. Nonetheless, it was still enjoyable, even if the rain and sand brushed their clothes.

"It's always been a dream of mine to dance with the perfect girl at the beach," Ranboo said softly.

"It's always been a dream of mine to dance with the boy I love, even if it's in a living room or we're at the fanciest place."

The words Mae said settled in the air, shock painted on both their faces.

I messed up.

"I- well- that just slipped out," Mae stumbled. "Hold on, I need to check on something."

Ranboo just laughed, pulling her back into his chest and wrapping his arms around her.

Placing a kiss on top of her head, he whispers the three words she had been waiting for from the right person.

The person she could find home in.

"I can't believe you didn't think I would say it back. Of course I would- of course I love you. I knew it since the moment I laid eyes on you."

"I love you so much," Mae grinned into his shoulder. "You and your cheesy compliments."

"You really couldn't wait to crack a joke, hmm?"

"I wasn't joking, it was true."

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧

[i was supposed to write eudaimonia but i really miss maeboo :')]