[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ "𝙎𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠!" ]

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

The week until the meetup was quick to pass; now all they were waiting for was Jack and Sam to come pick up Mae and Ranboo.

A car engine audibly stopped up front, which Mae assumed to be Sam's car.

"Okay, bye guys," Mae beamed, hugging Lina and Eveline and grabbing her suitcase. Ranboo followed, offering to carry Mae's suitcase for her. She accepted his offer, smiling as she opened the front door.

"Mae!"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧
[𝙍𝙃𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

There she was.

Behind those very walls, would be Mae.

Without any acknowledgement, Rhiver parked messily in Mae's driveway and ran to the front door abruptly. Kalen was right behind him, fidgeting with his fingers nervously. The door opened before Rhiver could even knock, fueling his excitement.

And there she was.

"Mae!"

Ignoring the other figure standing beside Mae, Rhiver ran into her frozen body and took her into a much needed hug.

"Rhiver?" Mae sputtered, slowly returning the hug. There was something different about it, like Mae was hugging a stranger rather than an old friend.

"I- I- I've missed you so much-" Rhiver cried out.

"You- you- you fucking ghosted me?" Mae responded slowly, an unsure tone in her voice.

Before Rhiver could reply, the figure behind Mae stepped in front of her, separating Rhiver and Mae.

"Who are you?" the boy demanded, voice deep with anger. "You ghosted Mae?"

Rhiver's fists clenched at the familiar dirty blonde hair.

Ranboo.

"Yes, yes I did! You stole her from me!"

Kalen hesitantly reached out to grab Rhiver and pull him away, although Rhiver only shoved their hand away in response.

"But you know what? I don't care! You can have her now, I'm only here to say my final goodbye," Rhiver fumed, looking back over to Mae.

His eyes briefly landed on Mae's hand, which was holding Ranboo's.

Mae faltered, tightening her grip on Ranboo's hand, "Dude... you ghost me and just show up here without permission? Kalen, didn't you at least try to talk some sense into him?"

"I-" Kalen ruffled his hair. "He promised he'd move on from you after this-"

Rhiver interrupted, "You forgot about me! Replaced me in an instant!" Tears of exasperation touched the edge of his eyes.

Ranboo stepped forward and towered over Rhiver; making the boy quiver slightly under his height.

Ranboo opened his mouth to begin speaking, but another car pulled up. In an instant, the door to the passengers seat slammed open and a boy came storming out of it, wearing anger and confusion.

"Who the fuck are you? Get off of Mae," Jack shoved Rhiver out of Ranboo and Mae's way.

"I'm her ex, so why don't you piss off? This is none of your business, I'm just trying to say goodbye to her," Rhiver lashed out.

"Well I'm one of her closest friends, so I think this kind of is my business," Jack shot back.

Another figure came from the drivers seat of the new car, looking between Jack, Kalen, Rhiver, Ranboo, and Mae confusingly.

"What the heck is going on?" Sam mumbled. Walking over to Mae and Ranboo and taking the suitcases.

"It's fine Sam, we've got it under control," Ranboo said, walking to where Jack and Rhiver were arguing.

He put his hands on Jack's shoulders, pulling him away from Rhiver. Kalen did the same to Rhiver, trembling slightly.

"Instead of fighting, let's hear the guy out," Ranboo reasoned. "So why are you here and why did you ghost Mae?"

"-he ghosted Mae? Oh you son of a bitch-"

"Jack, just let him speak."

"I lived right across the street from Mae. We met in kindergarten, and we've been best friends ever since. Kalen was the third part to our little trio," Rhiver pointed to Kalen. "Then a month ago, Eveline's café started producing a lot of money so they decided to move. So Mae and I broke up, since that's what was better. When she moved, she met you bastards, and replaced me. It's hard living without her, so I wanted to give her my proper goodbye."

Jack and Ranboo exchanged looks, before releasing their death stares and stepping aside.

"We're about to leave for a meetup in Hawaii, so make it quick," Ranboo settled. "And you can't give her a hug unless she says it's fine."

Oh.

Rhiver looked over to the suitcases, sadness replacing his anger for just a moment.

Without further waiting, Rhiver ran over to Mae. To which the girl furrowed her brow and pulled Ranboo's hoodie closer around herself as a sense of security.

He began, "I'm sorry for being so reckless, but I really miss you. It's never going to be the same without you, but I'll figure it out with Kalen. I promise I won't be a bother anymore, I just really wanted to give my proper goodbye for the last time. Can I give you a hug please?"

"...Okay. I'm sorry too," Mae sighed, opening her arms to hug him.

But instead of having his arms meet hers, Rhiver leaned in and kissed her.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧

[sorry]