[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ "𝙍𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚!" ]

[𝙍𝙃𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Call ended.

Rhiver slammed his phone into his sheets and buried his head in his pillow. Letting long held-in tears soak into the sheets.

Was this over the top? Yes. Did he care? No.

He was dealing with the fact his best friend since kindergarten had just left him- replaced him.

Flashbacks of when he used to call Mae over to his house everyday, just so they could sit on the couch and watch Netflix for hours on end. Those were the days when they had just gone into their relationship- before Mae moved.

Rhiver screamed at his phone, throwing it to the ground and watching his tears fall in his mirror.

"Rhiver..?" a soft voice hummed from the doorway.

Rhiver spun around, turning to meet the voice's owner.

To his surprise, it was Kalen. Fluffy black hair, pale skin, freckles, and brown eyes paired with one of their signature oversized sweatshirts.

Kalen was Rhiver and Mae's best friend- brought to the group by Rhiver when they had been paired in a group project. Kalen had a laid-back and introverted personality; though he was always great help when Rhiver and Mae had fought in their previous relationship.

"Your mom called me," Kalen walked to the Rhiver's bed and sat down. "She got worried because you were screaming but she didn't want to invade your privacy. Are you okay?"

Rhiver went face down onto his bed, "Honestly, Kalen, no."

Kalen laid down beside him, ruffling Rhiver's hair as the angered boy let out more tears.

"Spill," Kalen prompted.

"Mae just left me! Us!" Rhiver lamented. "We've been hanging out every single day for years, and then she just moves and replaces me. People may call me overdramatic, but I genuinely feel like a part of me is missing."

Kalen stared at Rhiver, taking in the information. Rather than making him explain it more intricately, Kalen shuffled next to Rhiver and wrapped their arms around the boy.

"I wasn't as close to Mae as you were, but I hope you understand I'm here Rhiver."

Kalen pulled from the hug, but leaving his hands lingering on Rhiver's shoulders. Rhiver avoided eye contact with them, feeling too ashamed to look anyone in the eyes. Kalen pulled one of his oversized sweatshirt sleeves over his left hand and wiped Rhiver's face clear of tears.

Rhiver sighed and curled up under the covers, calming down from his previous acrimony. Kalen patted Rhiver's head. Pulling out a book so they could accompany Rhiver as the boy promptly fell asleep to the sound of Kalen's book pages flipping.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧