[𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Much of Mae and Ranboo's time was spent together. That given, we now find ourselves on a walk with the couple.

"My pretty boy," Mae twisted her fingers around Ranboo's as they walked along the sidewalk.

"We've been over this," Ranboo confided, turning away to hide the red on his face. "You can't just start calling me 'my pretty boy' whenever you want."

"I'm just complimenting you, pretty boy."

A long sigh escaped Ranboo's lips, but Mae could tell he wasn't really mad, he was just hiding how flustered he was, "Stop."

"Why? I mean, you're a pretty boy and you know that. I remind you of it everyday."

"If you don't stop I'll start chasing you."

"Is that a threat?"

"Yes, pretty girl," Ranboo mimicked with a smile. He took off running at full speed, provoking Mae to do the same.

She kept her hold against the tall boy, running past the streets. It was a small town, so sidewalks weren't too crowded.

The chase continued until Mae ran to a small park and barreled full speed into a short woman, almost knocking her down.

The woman was holding two large boxes, which seemed to be...

wiggling?

"Oh- I'm so sorry," Mae blurted apologetically. "I- someone was chasing me- and he's tall, so I was going full speed and couldn't stop."

Ranboo's giggle came up from behind as he caught up. Mae felt his arms reach around her as he rested his head on top of hers.

The woman laughed, setting down the boxes and brushing off her shoulders, "It's alright! Lovely to meet you, I'm Leah."

"Ranboo," Ranboo replied.

"I'm Mae..." Mae greeted, but her sentence trailed off when her eyes landed on the contents of the two boxes. "Oh my god."

In the first box, was a puppy. It seemed to be a Golden Retriever puppy, and it jumped at the edge of the box with excitement radiating off of it.

In the second box, was a gray kitten. Mae wasn't sure what breed, but it was sleeping soundly despite being knocked over.

Ranboo let out a small "aww".

Leah grinned at the sight of the couple's affection for the animals.

"My dog and cat both gave birth a couple months ago. All of the others in the litters have been adopted, and they're the last ones. Would you like to pet them?"

Mae and Ranboo gave no hesitation.

And neither did the puppy; it leapt straight out of the box and went directly to Ranboo. He picked it up, holding the puppy's face up to his own.

The puppy was a dark golden brown, and had eyes of a blueish-gray. They looked an awful lot like Ranboo's, Mae noticed.

The puppy barked playfully and licked the tip of Ranboo's nose, making the dirty blonde laugh. He rubbed the top of the puppy's head and held it closer to his chest.

Turning away from Ranboo and his new friend, Mae bent down to the box with the kitten. She liked dogs, but cats were always something from preferred. Maybe it was because Eveline had a couple cats in her café, but Mae found cats to be a lot more interesting.

She picked up the kitten with a small laugh. It was a gray cat, and had one blue eye and one green eye. It purred once in Mae's grasp, automatically curling up to sleep again.

"The puppy is a boy, and the kitten is a girl," Leah explained, nodding to where Ranboo was sprawled on the grass and playing the the puppy from earlier.

Mae nodded and stood up to meet Leah's gaze.

"Looking to adopt? I see Ranboo is very interested in the puppy," Leah smiled, a twinkle low in her eye, but still there. "You seem to enjoy the kitten as well."

"I mean..."

Mae looked down at the gray kitten again, and it was very tempting. Eveline surely wouldn't mind having a new cat to remind themselves of their old bakery.

Her eyes then turned to Ranboo again, who was now running around with the puppy on his heels. She stifled a giggle.

And surely Ranboo's parents wouldn't mind a dog? Rexanne loved animals, and Marianna had always been lenient with Ranboo since his success on Twitch.

"Fuck it. Yeah, we'll adopt them," Mae gave in, grinning sheepishly at Leah. "How much do we have to pay? Is there paperwork?"

"Nothing, just take them," Leah volunteered, folding up the boxes and putting it under her arm. "Good luck, and enjoy the new additions!" she waved and took off to the other side of the street with a discreet smile.

Mae walked over to Ranboo and sat beside him, rubbing the top of the kitten's head.

"Where'd Leah go? What about the animals...?" Ranboo queried, pulling the puppy back to him and letting Mae lean against his shoulder.

They were the only ones in the park now, so they were left in an empty closed off field.

"They're ours now," Mae grinned. "No paperwork or money, she just gave them to us."

Ranboo stayed silent as he processed the situation in his mind. After a while, the puppy jumped out of his arms and went to sniff the kitten in Mae's arms.

"Perseus!" Ranboo called to the puppy, and it ran straight to his arms with a soft bark.

"Perseus?" Mae raised a brow teasingly. "You already named him? After your favorite constellation?"

Ranboo flushed, "Maybe. But in my defense, you probably already named her," he said, pointing to the kitten in Mae's arms.

"You know me well."

"So what'd you name her?"

"Andromeda."

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧

[<3]