[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ "𝘼𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨," 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙗𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙, 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙙. ]

[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

The night passed like any normal one, and since everyone was so worn out, the first ones to awake were woken up at twelve in the morning.

Sunshine lit up Mae's face when it hit her, but half of her face was covered by the shadow of the figure beside her.

"Good morning," Ranboo giggled, hugging Mae tighter. His hair was ruffled and untidy, so as Ranboo stayed under the blankets, Mae sat up and began to use her fingers to brush it out.

His hair was fixed, and he grudgingly got out of bed to change in the room he shared with Purpled, Tommy, and Tubbo. Meanwhile, Mae put on Ranboo's hoodie she brought with her and joined the few who were already downstairs in the grand kitchen.

Niki, Puffy, Hannah, Foolish, Bad, Tommy, Ponk, Eret, and Karl were sitting at the table and eating pancakes.

Puffy looked up from her seat next to Eret, face twisting with joy at the sight of Mae, "Hey! Is Ranboo awake?"

Mae nodded, sitting between Karl and Niki and grabbing a pancake. Tommy offered her the syrup, which he had poured nearly half of on his pancakes.

"Jesus Christ Tommy, why is there so much syrup on your pancakes," Mae queried.

"Piss off," Tommy mumbled between bites.

Not even seconds later, Ranboo had slid into the chair next to Foolish and Tommy, across from Mae.

"What are we doing today?" Foolish asked.

Puffy and Bad scanned the table, then exchanged glances.

Puffy began, "Everyone else is dead asleep, so we could go strawberry picking? There's a flower and strawberry field a couple blocks away."

"That's a good idea!" Bad professed. "We can go right now, since everyone is done eating. If everyone agrees, that is."

Ranboo shrugged, "Strawberries are my favorite fruit, I don't see why not."

Karl jumped in his seat excitedly, and after a bit more of planning between the adults, everyone separated to their own rooms to change. A little less than half an hour later, everyone was ready and had filed into one of the vans; Karl in the driver's seat.

Another couple minutes passed, and they arrived at the field. The owner of the farm handed them woven baskets for them to put the strawberries in, and then they were emitted to the field.

Warm air hit everyone's faces in an instant, putting smiles on their faces. The scene was picturesque, miles of fresh grass spanning to the mountains in the distance. Small red dots of strawberries were visible under some of the leaves.

"Let's all split up!" Puffy announced. "Meet back here in an hour!"

To nobody's surprise, Mae and Ranboo took off running to the far ends of the field where the sun could hit their faces and the strawberries were perfectly ripe. Everyone else had taken off to the other places, and the people closest to them- Foolish and Karl- were out of earshot.

"I have an idea," Mae declared to Ranboo. "I'll go one one end of this row of strawberry bushes, and you go on the other. We'll meet in the middle and whoever got the most strawberries wins."

"Alright," Ranboo sprinted to the other side of the row, counting down to three.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

"Go!"

They both took off, pulling off each spark of red they could find. It went on for fifteen minutes, until they found themselves both nearing the middle.

As they did, they quickened their pace, nearly sprinting as they did so. They stood up from the last few bushes, and ran right into each other from their rush.

"Sorry-" Mae stammered, holding Ranboo's hands for balance as she had nearly fallen over.

Their faces were inches apart now, dangerously close.

And they stayed like that, for a comfortable silence, simply enjoying the presence of the other and admiring their features.

Ranboo spoke up first. Eyes still locked. He started to rant, one of the things Mae loved.

"You know, I could go on for hours just talking about you. Heck, I accidentally did it on stream once. It's honestly embarrassing how much effort I put into memorizing everything you do, which is funny since y'know, my character has memory issues. But I really do notice it. The way your eyes go wide whenever you're excited or surprised, when you play with our promise rings when your nervous, or how I can see the gears in your head moving when you script every conversation in your head. Some people may say that's weird, but I really like that about you."

Ranboo took in a breath, words stumbling out of him as though he were a waterfall. Mae interrupted before he could start again.

"You know what, Ranboo? I'm doing the same thing. I take note of the way you always do hand gestures when you speak, make sure to carefully think out everything you say, and squint your eyes when you're concentrating on something. The way you always make sure I'm comfortable, even if it doesn't benefit you to do so, and-"

Mae rolled her eyes, laughing as she replayed her favorite moments with Ranboo in her head. When she stopped laughing- letting the silence fall- she looked up at Ranboo and their eyes met.

"Can I kiss you?"

As she looked into his eyes and watched his face light up with hope and anticipation, Mae took no more time to wait. She nodded, and with no other words spoken, their lips met.

And as a wave of euphoria came through the both of them,

they both realized,

on the fourteenth hour of the 24th of July,

maybe soulmates were real.

And maybe they had already found theirs.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧

[we got #1 in ranboo! ily<3/p]