[𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣]

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

~"𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐢 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦?"~

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[ "𝙊𝙠𝙖𝙮, 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙮." ]

[𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘽𝙊𝙊 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Racing to Mae's living room couch to watch said movie, Ranboo chased Mae and reached to hug her from behind.

Thanks to his extreme height, he caught up to Mae and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her down with him onto the couch.

Mae landed right beside him, so that they were both on their sides. Just close enough so that Ranboo's head was over Mae's and her head rested on his chest. Ranboo turned on the tv, clicking on La La Land.

"Is this okay with you?" Ranboo mumbled beneath his breath, matching his smile with Mae's.

"Cuddling is always fine," Mae chuckled, pulling a blanket over the both of them.

Her eyes were flickering with sleep, signing she was fatigued. And honestly, after spending a day with Tubbo, Tommy, Ranboo, and Jack, who wouldn't be?

As if his previous question wasn't enough, Ranboo asked once more.

"Can I wrap my arm around you?"

An amused sigh escaped Mae's lips, "Yes, Ranboo."

And so he did just that, wrapping his arms around Mae again and pulling her closer. Ranboo's chin rested at the top of her head as he listened to the movie in the background.

Is now the time to tell her?

"Hey Mae? Can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything, prettyboy."

"How do I tell someone I like them?"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧
[𝙈𝘼𝙀 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Her heart fell as though it had been resting atop a rocky cliff for ages, making her previous state of tiredness go away briefly.

She replayed the sentence multiple times in her head, sort of frozen in an ice cube of emotions. As she looped it in her mind, it embedded into her brain with an aura of pain.

"How do I tell someone I like them?"

Oh.

So maybe it wasn't worth it; falling into an abyss of feelings just for her to be rejected in an instant. Maybe it wasn't worth it, spending all those nights with him, wondering what to do with the butterflies in her stomach every time he stood just meters away.

She blinked back astounded- shocked- tears. Turning in Ranboo's arms to look at him in the eyes.

The eyes she had been helplessly falling into every time they hung out, yet now it all went to waste.

Mae put on her best attempt as a reassuring smile.

"Just tell them. And if they reject you? They'll be gone the next day."

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧
[𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘽𝙊𝙊 𝙋𝙊𝙑]

Ranboo let out a soft laugh in response, letting a silence rest in the air between them for a while.

When Ranboo finally spoke up, Mae had just began to sleep, so he wasn't sure if she had heard him.

"So if she rejects me you'll be gone the next day?"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★。゚・ ───✧