Chapter Four

Astrid's POV

Our day went by rather fast, Hiccup had called his dad, and got permission to come over with everyone to my house for dinner. Well, let's be real, work on our art project and eat pizza, watch TV and drink soda....and play with our dogs.

Mala and Eret came in late.
"Hey, Hiccup? Astrid? Can you give us a hand?" Mala asked with Eret.

We stood.
"What's up?" We asked.

They lead us to a car and opened the back, and inside were two pups. I gasped and reached down to pet the black one. It whimpered and backed up.
"We can't get them to come to us for more than a few seconds." Eret informed us.
"Mala, give me your hand." I said.

She nervously gave me her hand. Hiccup did the same with Eret. We slowly reached them out to the pups.
They inched forward to sniff. They pulled their hands back, in fear.

"It's ok, they won't bite." We assured them together.

We reached out to the pups again, and this time they didn't pull back. The pups sniffed their hands and nuzzled them. Mala and Eret reached down and picked up the pups.
"See? They love you already!" I assured them.
Hiccup laughed.

"Now, what Dragon are you guys?" I asked sarcastically.

They barked in response as if they understood what I was saying.
"Yeah?" I asked.
They kept barking, we laughed.
"We already know, my pup, Protect or, is an Eruptadon." Mala answered holding the black pup.
"Mine, Bonecrusher, is a Rumblehorn." Eret followed in suit as his pup licked him.

Hiccup and I nodded and lead the pair inside, hanging in the back of living room as they introduced their pups to the gang.
"Ok guys, the pizza should be here soon." I reminded them so they'd have time to get a handle on their pups.

The doorbell rang.
"Correction, M'lady, now." Hiccup smiled challenging, wiggling his eyebrows, running for the door.

I chased him. We tied at the door, laughing as I opened it.
"Half Pepperoni, half meat lovers?" The guy asked.
"Yes." I confirmed handing him some cash.
Hiccup took the pizza and went inside.
"Thank you." I said.
"You too. Have a nice night."
"Same to you!" I said closing the door.

I walked into the sitting room and opened the pepperoni; Hiccup stole the slice I was going for.
I scoffed teasingly "Whatever happened to ladies first?"

He took a bite and held it out sarcastically.
"Want some?" He asked, grinning.
"Jerk." I rolled my eyes playfully taking a different slice.

Everyone took a slice as I noticed how Stormfly and Toothless were curled up together by the fireplace sleeping. I snapped a picture and sent it to Hiccup.
"Ya know, usually when dogs get together, their owners do too." Heather said, not looking up from her book.

I turned red just as Hiccup did.
"U-usually! N-not all the time." He stuttered.

I walked over Heather and stole her book.
"Hey!" She protested.

I looked at it.
"Trials of Apollo? Spoiler alert, Leo's alive, and he brings back Calypso." I spoiled tossing her book back to her.

Her face flushed with anger as did Fishlegs.
"What!?!" They asked furiously.

Heather stood.
"You spoiled it!" She fanraged hitting me with a pillow.

I laughed.
"It's on!" I announced.

Everyone laughed and grabbed a pillow. Soon, it was me, Heather, and Hiccup.

I quickly took out Heather. Hiccup clapped his hand around my mouth and hugged me with the other. I smirked and flipped in the air, landing on the couch, him on the bottom, me on top, he let go, groaning. I laughed with everyone else and rolled over, lying next to him.
"You...Are...Ruthless..." He sighed, pinching my nose in revenge.
I laughed.
"I never asked for you to kidnap me." I said.
He chuckled. A flash went off.
"Heather!" Everyone hissed.
"Oops...Sorry." she said lowering her phone.

I shot up with Hiccup and we slammed heads.
"Aw man!"
"Oh my Thor!" We moaned, clutching our heads.
"You ok?" He asked moving my hand, brushing his thumb over it.

I felt sparks running through my body at the sudden contact.
"Yeah...You?" I asked.
"I'm fine..."

Another flash.
"Heather!" Everyone hissed.
"Sorry! Here's the pics guys." She said tapping on her phone.

Everyone's phone went off. They awed. My phone went off to.
New message: Heather.
Here ya go! 😉😘
Three pics showed up, one me chasing Hiccup to the door, second, me on top of Hiccup after the pillow fight, and third, Hiccup brushing the sore spot on my head.
"Heather!" I complained with Hiccup.

She was laughing.
"What?!? It's cute! Plus, you guys would be adorable together." She said.

We blushed.
"Yeah, yeah, let's get back to work..." Hiccup muttered.

We nodded and sat down on the floor and pulled out our dragon guides, starting to sketch out our dogs as dragons. Heather flipped on the TV, Trial and error came on.

"This show is stupid!" Snoutlout complained.
"Aw, you finally found a word to describe yourself! How would that fit on a job application?" I asked sarcastically.

Everyone laughed...Even Snoutlout
"You're right Snot, it's stupid, but that's why it's funny!" Heather said.

We laughed as the rest of the pups pulled on top of Stormfly and Toothless, falling asleep.