Chapter Nine

Astrid's POV
We were all in the living room, Hiccup was sitting with me, playing with Toothless.
"I'm thirsty. Anyone want something?" Elsa offered standing.
"Coke." Heather said.
"Water." The boys said.
"Root beer."
"Fanta!"
"I'll help you." I smiled, easing onto my crutches. Maybe this will help us start to reconcile.

Elsa smiled and we went into the kitchen, I opened the fridge.
"I'm surprised." She spoke.
"Huh?"
"That Hiccup's​ not mad at you. After all, it is your fault."

I didn't say anything.
"Listen, I know it's hard to understand, but this is your fault. If you didn't let him fight that shark, he would have both feet." She said.
"I.under.stand." I snarled through my teeth.

She smirked. I heard drawer being opened as I got Anna and Rapunzel's Fanta.
"I don't think you do." She muttered behind me.

I blacked out and came to on the floor, screaming in pain. My foot was screaming in agony and felt warm.
"Astrid!?!" I heard people yell.

Stormfly and Toothless ran in.
"Hiccup! Hurry! Astrid! I'm so sorry!" I heard Elsa cry.

I didn't know what happened, but I knew she was the reason I was in pain.

You are so lucky I'm in hurt... I thought.

Heather and Hiccup appeared right outside my line of vision.
"What happened?" Heather asked.

Hiccup eased me onto his lap right as I felt my eyes getting heavy.
"Stormfly ran in when I moved the mallet. She ran in between my feet, scaring me. I-I accidentally​ dropped it on her foot!" Elsa cried.

"Astrid..." Hiccup's voice registered faintly .

                                                                               Hiccup's POV
"Astrid!" I shouted as her eyes closed.
Rapunzel knelt down by Astrid's foot, and undid the wraps she already bleed through completely and gasped.
"We need to get her the hospital!" She said urgently.

I nodded. Heather and Mala went for the limo as everyone grabbed their stuff and locked up the dogs. I went to lift Astrid when Eret stopped me.
"I'll carry her."
"I can do i-"
"No, you can't. You've only been out of the hospital for a month, you're newly amputated and your shoulder is still a mess. I'm carrying her. We don't have time for this."

I glared at him, but he was right and let him carry her to the car.  We climbed in and sped for the hospital.

I looked at Astrid.
"A-astrid?" I asked.

Her breathing was heavy.
I looked at her foot. It was red, blue and purple. But it was at an odd angle.
"Come on Ash..." I whispered.
"Wrap her foot! Wrap her foot!" Rapunzel​ said suddenly.

I looked down as her foot started gushing blood. Elsa's face paled. Merida had ripped the sleeve off her jacket and began wrapping her foot, Mala was letting the hospital know we were on our way.

I grabbed Astrid's hand as she turned blue, she was going into shock.
"The stiches must have ripped!" Rapunzel muttered worriedly

"Come on...Ash? Ash?!? Astrid!?!" I asked noticing that her head had rolled to the side.
"Speed up! Speed up!!" we yelled at the driver.

***********************************************************************************************

We were in the hallway waiting. No one said a word.

Was this what it felt like when I was in surgery for them? I thought.

The door opened and I shot up.
"Carful Mr. Haddock. With the fact that you just finished physical therapy, I'm surprised you had the strength to run in here." The doctor said as I slipped on my new prosthetic.