Christmas Eve

"Hey Ash!" I heard Heather call.
"Hey Heather! I'm in the kitchen!" I called back.

She entered the room with Fishlegs and her son, Mikey. He had Heather's Raven hair and both of his parents green eyes. He thankfully didn't inherit his father's nose.

"Hey Heather, Fishlegs! Hi Mikey! Come see Auntie Astrid!" I said happily.

Fishlegs and Heather laughed as I took their son and kissed his head.
"Thank you so much for coming early to help out!"
"No problem Ash, everyone is sleeping here tonight anyway, Fishlegs, I'll help Astrid cook and you can move our presents for everyone to the tree, I'll help you with the bags later."
"No problem." He replied cheerfully leaving.
"Heather, I have five more cribs set up in the nursery, you can put Mikey next to his cousin, yes Mikey, you get to see your cousin!" I laughed.

Heather rolled her eyes playfully and took him upstairs.
"Hello Astrid dear!"
"Hello lass!" Stoick and Valka called.
"I'm in the kitchen!" I called.

They came around the corner bags upon bags in hand.
"Hi!" I laughed.
"How are you? Where's my grandchild?" Valka asked.
"Upstairs with Heather and Mikey, I think their both sleeping though."
"No matter, I'll play with them later."

I smiled.
"So, lass where are we sleeping?" Stoick asked
"Oh! Yes! You guys are in the sunset room upstairs!" I said.
"Thank you."

Both Haddocks ran upstairs.

I sighed and whipped around as Heather's phone buzzed.
"Heather? Heather! Heather your phone's ringing!"
"Who is it?" She called down.
"Um...some number from Arizona, six-seven-three-five-"
"Oh! Go ahead and pick up!"
"Nah, too late, it stopped, sorry."
"See if they left a voicemail mail! Mikey won't leave his cousin alone!"
"Nope, no- wait nevermind!"

I responded as her phone dinged.

I picked her phone up and tucked it under my ear as I dried my glass mug.

"Hey Heather, it's me, just calling to say Merry Christmas, tell Mikey hi! Oh, tell Fishlegs I say hi!"

I arched my brow at the voice, it seemed familiar.

I checked the contact and dropped my mug.

"ASTRID?!?" everyone called running to the kitchen.

I just placed Heather's phone down on the counter.
"Ash?"
"That was him...that was Hiccup...and he wanted nothing to do with me..."

(Time skip)
"Cheers!" Everyone called.

I smiled and looked around, Heather and Fishlegs were laughing with Valka and Stoick, Elsa and Jack were conversing with Rapunzel and Eugen.

Merida and Macintosh were scolding their five year old triplets, Maddie, Megan, and Michael, the girls, Maddie and Megan had Macintosh's dark black hair and Merida's eyes, while Michael had Merida's hair and blue eyes.

Anna and Kristoff were discussing baby names, seeing they couldn't agree on what to name their first born who was due within two months.

Snoutlout and Mindin were play fighting as usual. Ruff and Tuff were teasing Eret.

I smiled as I saw Ray, Rapunzel and Eugen's daughter playing with Jamie, Elsa and Jack's daughter. Ray had Rapunzel's short hair but her old blond shade, with Eugene's eyes and of course, his smolder.

Jamie had Jack's hair and Elsa's eyes and smile. She was one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen.

"Hey everyone! Sorry we're late!" Dauger laughed.
Mala rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Duager, Mala! So glad you could make it!"
"Thank you for having us seeing how crowded your home already is. Where are the smaller little ones? I only count five, aren't there supposed to eleven?" Mala asked.

I smiled while chuckling.
"Their sleeping again."  Stoick awnsered.

Mala smiled and came over to hug me.
"I'd like to make a toast!" Stoick spoke rising.
"Thank you, Astrid, for letting us all come together tonight and spend this wonderful holiday with you and your child, we all know how hard you work, and how much you miss my son, Hiccup. To Astrid, one of the strongest lasses I've had the pleasure of meeting!"
"To Astrid!" Everyone chimed.
"Thank you, all of you." I smiled, a tear running down my cheek.

Everyone began talking again as I tried to compose myself, Hiccup...I was starting to believe I'd never see or hear from him again.