Chapter Seven

Astrid's POV

It's been months since Astrid hurt her ankle, the project was halfway done and it was the weekend. Astrid was walking, running and has completely gone back to her normal self. Competitive as always, so life was good. On the other hand, Elsa and Merida can't leave me alone, their always flirting and hitting on me. Honestly, I just wanted them to stop.
   Rapunzel has been crushing on Fishlegs for awhile... And he was crushing on her. It's the same with Heather and Eret, Anna and Dauger, Ruff and Snoutlout. Tuff is crushing on Elsa, but she doesn't know or care. There's a new kid in our PE class named Throk that's part of the gang now. He's petless, kinda. He helps Mala with Protector and big shock, they like each other.

Astrid suggested going to the beach today, it sounded like a great idea so we all went. We set up a tent for the dogs, and of course with the ever lasting free shade, they slept the entire time. Lazy. The girls set up nineteen tanning chairs.
"Hey, what if we paly Spingstinger tag?" Snoutlout asked.

We all said yes quickly. Luckily, Rapunzel had put up her hair, so their wouldn't be another incident. After a few rounds that went untainted by twin pranks, we went swimming. The life guard had fallen asleep, but it didn't bother us. Though his superiors should look into that.

I started thinking about my dad. He called last week, apparently all planes have been shut down due to rain and heavy wind in NY. Mildews beatings have worsened for no apparent reason. I had bought​en water proof concealer for my back. Luckily it works. The gang would flip if they learned about what's going on at home. 

Astrid suddenly asked a question that made my heart stop.
"Um...Guys? Why did the water turn green?"

I looked down. The water was dark green.
"Guys, slowly move to the shore...now." I said.
Everyone but Tuff and Snoutlout did.
"Now!" I snapped, starting to worry.
"Why? Oh the waters green! A ha ha ha!" Snoutlout and Tuff laughed staring to splash around.
"No!" Astrid shouted realizing what was going on.
"Tuff! Snoutlout!" I called.

A huge wave appeared, and riding it was a great white.
"SHARK!" They yelled, running for the shore.

Tuff made it, panting, but Snoutlout didn't. The shark had gained up on him.
"Snoutlout!" I called with Astrid.

We ran into the water, stupidly, or bravely. Another one appeared. Snoutlout screamed. We ran up to him, back to back. I noticed she had grabbed a stick. The sharks had began to circle. I grabbed Snoutlout's arm and threw to the shallows where he ran to the shore.

"Ok, now what?" Astrid asked.

I could hear the fear in her voice.
"Don't. Move. Don't panic." I said.

After awhile, the sharks swam away. We began to walk to the shore.
"My foot!" Astrid hissed behind me.

I turned, she lifted her foot put the water, a huge gash was at the bottom of her foot, bleeding. Then it happened.
"Astrid!" I said

She screamed as the shark pulled her under by her hair. The others screamed in fear with tourist. I dove under. The shark was circling her, getting ready to attack. I swam next to her and pushed her up. She surfaced and swam to shore as the shark charged, it bit my shoulder, tearing off flesh. I punched it. It charged. I punched, it bit. I needed to surface. It swam under me and flipped me up, out off the water, and breached, coming after me.
"Hiccup!" I heard Astrid call.

We were fifteen feet above the water, the shark kept trying to get me. I punched, and kicked​ it. I hit the water and felt a pain shot up my leg. About to pass out, I saw the stick Astrid dropped.