Chapter Twelve

(Time skip)     Hiccup's POV
"Hiccup, calm down. Your dad will be here. I know it." Astrid sighed intertwining her hand with mine

She laid her head on my shoulder and I laid my hand ontop of hers.
"I-i know..." I said.
"Happy seventh month." She said.
"Oh Thor! I'm so sorry Ash!"
"Hey, it's ok. This is important. Your dads coming home with the she."
"Yeah...the she." I muttered.

We listened to the noise of the airport as the tram opened. People filed out. I craned my neck to see him.
"He's on the next one, or the one after it." Ash said.

I looked at her. Her eyes were closed.
"And you M'lady are so sure because?" I asked.
"My aunt came home yesterday and left at three. That's why. I had to sit through this."
"Oh...when's she in town next?"
"Another year?"
"A YEAR?!?"

She was always alone and it wasn't fair.
"Hiccup."
"Sorry."
"There he is."

I stood with her as my dad came out.
"Dad!"
"Son!"

We hugged.
"I missed you boy!"
"Same here dad."
"Eye, who's this lovely lass?"

He shook Astrid's hand.
"Dad, this is Astrid...my girlfriend."

He stared at her. She smiled.
"Thor o mighty! Welcome to the family lass!" He said hugging her.

She laughed and hugged back. He pulled away and I wrapped an arm around her.
"Thank you Mr.Haddock." Astrid said.
"Call me Stoick, dear."
"Thank you, Stoick."
"So, dad. Where's this she?" I asked.
"Hiccup-" he started.

I spotted a woman behind him and my heart stopped. Her eyes were the same as mine as was her hair. But I remember seeing her in the only picture my dad loves before I came along. His wedding day picture.
"M-m-mom?!?" I asked.

She walked up to me and placed her hands on the side of my face. We both had a tear fall down our face.
"Hiccup...look at you...." She whispered.

She hugged me, and I felt myself cave. She was forced to leave me, there was no point in being mad.
"And this is Astrid, Thank you for making my son Happy when I wasn't there." She said placing a had on her shoulder.
"Let's head home." Dad said.

TWO YEARS LATER
Astrid's POV

Hiccup walked in, we had finally moved into a studio apartment together.
"Hey babe!" He called.
"I'm in the kitchen!" I called.

I was happy, I traced my fingers over the golden ribbon on the gift I was excited to give to him.
He walked in, on the phone. He walked up to me and kissed my head.
"Yes, this is he." He spoke.
"Yes...yes...oh...when... tomorrow?!? Ok...yes sir. How long? A year?!? Yes sir..." He hung up, and put his head in his hands.
"Babe?" I asked.
"Ash...I've been drafted." My heart stopped.

I felt the box in my hand slipping.
"Ash?"
"W-what?!?"
"I-i know, this is bad, but I have to go."
"B-but... what? Why? This is the worst timing ever!"
"And why's that?"
"...no reason. I need a minute."

I walked away and went to the bathroom and started to cry. I opened the box and stared at the gift.

I only cried harder.
(Time skip)

Valka and Stoick had said goodbye and I stood their, holding on to Toothless and Stormfly. Stoick took their leashes and Hiccup said goodbye.

He stood and looked at me. I kissed him and he kissed back. We snaked our arms around each other.
"I love you, Astrid."
"I love you to, don't get yourself killed."
"I wouldn't."

We kissed again and he was gone.

Hiccup's POV

I stared out the window of the plane, thinking about Astrid. I took out a gift I wanted to give her and opened it to see a beautiful diamond ring.
Will you marry me Astrid? I thought sadly

Her beautiful face appeared in my mind. I shook my head and noticed a box in my bag. I took it out.

To: Hiccup
Love: Astrid.

I looked at the note.
Happy father's day, love your queen and princess

What? I asked myself.

I opened the gift and my heart stopped.

I'm...I'm going to be a dad?!?

I was happy and went to call Astrid, but then I realized, there was a fifty fifty chance that I may never meet my daughter.