TWO YEARS LATER

Hiccup walked in, we had finally moved into a studio apartment together.
"Hey babe!" He called.
"I'm in the kitchen!" I called.

I was happy, I traced my fingers over the golden ribbon on the gift I was excited to give to him.
He walked in, on the phone. He walked up to me and kissed my head.
"Yes, this is he." He spoke.
"Yes...yes...oh...when... tommorow?!? Ok...yes sir. How long? A year?!? Yes sir..." He hung up, and put his head in his hands.
"Babe?" I asked.
"Ash...I've been drafted." My heart stopped.

I felt the box in my hand slipping.
"Ash?"
"W-what?!?"
"I-i know, this is bad, but I have to go."
"B-but... what? Why? This is the worst timing ever!"
"And why's that?"
"...no reason. I need a minute."

I walked away and went to the bathroom and started to cry. I opened the box and stared at the gift.

I only cried harder.
(Time skip)

Valka and Stoick had said goodbye and I stood their, holding on to Toothless and Stormfly. Stoick took their leashes and Hiccup said goodbye.

He stood and looked at me. I kissed him and he kissed back. We snaked our arms around each other.
"I love you, Astrid."
"I love you to, don't get yourself killed."
"I wouldn't."

We kissed agian and he was gone.

(Hiccup's POV)

I stared out the window of the plane, thinking about Astrid. I took out a gift I wanted to give her and opened it to see a beautiful diamond ring.
Will you marry me Astrid? I thought sadly

Her beautiful face appeared in my mind. I shook my head and noticed a box in my bag. I took it out.

To: Hiccup
Love: Astrid.

I looked at the note.
Happy father's day, love your queen and princess

What? I asked myself.

I opened the gift and my heart stopped.

I'm

I'm...I'm going to be a dad?!?

I was happy and went to call Astrid, but then I realized, there was a fifty fifty chance that I may never meet my daughter.