Chapter Eight

Astrid's POV

It's been two weeks since I have been on crutches, two weeks until I get off of them, two weeks until the project is due, and Hiccup hasn't woken up yet....

I visited him every day, and every day the gang came over, and Elsa and Merida would blame me. I act like it doesn't get to me, but secretly, I'm holding back tear. I've warmed up to Rapunzel and Anna, it definitely helps that they always glare at Merida and Elsa whenever they bring up Hiccup and 'how it's my fault'. But today, the unexpected happened.

"Ya know this will always be yer fault" Merida said
"Nothing will change that." Elsa hissed.
"Why would Hiccup ever want you?!?"
"We have royal blood, coursing through our veins. You, are nothing."
"Ay, you are a commoner. What do you have against us? You should just give up."

I ignored them, sorta. These are the worse things they have said.
"Elsa!"
"Merida!"

I looked up, Rapunzel and Anna were standing in front of them. I blinked. Never, ever would I see this coming.
"We got this sis." Elsa said lightly pushing her out of the way.

She just stepped back into place and pushed Elsa back, harder.
"No. You don't." She said with Rapunzel.
"Ay, you really live up to the blond reputation you three." Merida snapped pointing to us.
"You're just jealous." Rapunzel scowled walking closer to her, glaring.
"Jealous?!? Of her?!? That's crazy!" Elsa and Merida sneered together.
"No. It's not. You even said it yourself. You're jealous that she's known Hiccup longer. You're jealous that Hiccup loves to spend time with her. You're jealous that Hiccup's creeped out by you but he's fine with Astrid. You're jealous cuz Astrid is popular and pretty. You'rer jealous cuz she's richer than us. You're jealous because she has a better chance with Hiccup than you ever will." Rapunzel said.
 Anna nodded, standing firm by Rapunzel.

They scowled, but I could tell they were trying not to cry.
"Yer all ok with this?!?" Merida asked.

Everyone came up to stand next to them. Even the dogs.
"Yer all fools to think Hiccup would ever like her." Merida said.

No one said anything. I sighed as my phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hello. This yeer, is Gobber, Hiccup's awakening. He keeps mumbling yer name. You think you can come down?" A man asked.

I shot up.
"Yes! Yes! I'm on my way!" I shouted excitedly.

I stood fast, almost tripping, easing onto my crutches and hurried to the door.
"Come on Toothless, come on Stormfly!" I called excitedly​.

They ran for me.
"Astrid?!? What's going on?" Heather asked.
"He's awake!" I smiled shutting my door.

I arrived at the hospital and was lead to his room. I pulled the door open.
"Hiccup!" I sighed happily.

He turned to me.
"Astrid!" He smiled.

I threw my crutches on the ground and lunged at him, hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer with his good arm and hugged back
"You idiot! You scared me!" I sobbed hugging him tighter.
"Says you! You got dragged under by a shark and you're on crutches!" He scoffed burying his face in my hair.

I pulled away looking at him sadly as realization hit me.
"What?" He asked.
"You don't know, do you?" I asked.

He arched a brow.
"You had to get hundreds of stitches in your shoulder, a few in your head, and they...T-they..."
"What?" He asked.

I sat down in the chair, staring at the ground. It was my fault. He moved to sit with me, but he stopped. I looked up as he slowly lowered his legs. One was missing.

I teared up.
"... A-astrid?" He asked paling.
"It was to mangled to save...It's my fault, I'm sorry." I cried.

He patted the bed and I came. He hugged me, pulling me into his lap, face pale. I wrapped my arms around him.
"It's not your fault ok? Never ever could this be your fault." He whispered running his hand through my hair.

I nodded. I felt something licking me.
"Toothless! Hey bud!" Hiccup beamed happily hugging his dog.

I laughed as Heather walked in, smirking.
"So, you wake up and you get the girl on your lap. Nice job H." She said.

I blushed and moved.
"H-hey Heather..." Hiccup blushed awkwardly.

She smiled and hugged us.
"Welcome back." She said.