22: Momma, Son, & Wifey Time

Chapter Twenty Two

Enzo was waiting for me outside of the Grill. "Hello, gorgeous, did you miss me?" He smirked and I grinned, jumping into his arms for a huge embrace.

"Like crazy, I've needed a friend," I told him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, mumbling into my neck as he still held me.

"My marriage is falling apart. Damon just stabbed me in the back. I slept with Tyler. And I have the urge every 10 minutes to give Caroline a painful death."

"Tyler Lockwood," he scoffed before laughing and letting me go. "God, I hate myself for not being around to let you use me as your little sex slave."

"Tyler was actually pretty good, rough, must be that werewolf aggression, I don't know if even you could compete with that."

"He's human. I'm an experienced vampire," he retorted.

I rolled my eyes, "We're done with this conversation."

"Scared your hubby can hear us flirting?" He teased.

"I was not flirting with you," I scoffed.

"Than what was all your taunting me with the idea that Tyler is better in bed than I am, when you haven't even had a chance with me."

"I don't want a chance with you."

"Tell me this, was he better than Stefan?" He whispered, smirking.

"No one is better than Stefan," I stated truthfully. God, we haven't had sex in over a week. And after his secret calls to Caroline we're damn sure not doing it tonight. I hate my life.

"He's inside, you know."

"What's the deal with you and Lily?" I asked.

"She turned me," he answered and my eyes widened.

"How is that possible?"

"1903. I was sick, needed a doctor that was on the ship from New York. Lily helped me on board as someone had beat me down because they didn't want me passing on consumption to the other passengers. I saw the doctor, he was a hoax. And then Lily fed me her blood, killed me, and then she was gone and everyone on the boat was dead. I guess that's when she and her crazy friends went to the prison world."

"Okay, that's crazy, um... wow," I said.

"Yeah."

"We'll talk later?" I suggested. "I got to check on Stefan and his psycho mom."

"Yeah, later. Go in, handle your business. I'll get out of you guy's hair for awhile. Call me if you need me for anything, love," he said and I nodded.

He took off down the street and I finally headed inside the Grill. I walked around until I spotted the mother and son at a table, their voices coming through over the rest of the crowd as I approached them. "There's nothing to talk about," Lily was saying.

"You know," Stefan started, pausing to clear his throat as his eyes landed on me. "Personally, when I start feeling like I'm gonna go over the edge, I begin to salivate in the back of my mouth. Does that ever happen to you?"

I took a seat next to my husband, not bothering to glance at the asshole. Instead I was eyeing Lily who was tapping on the table. "And then my veins, they begin to itch uncontrollably, and the hunger consumes me. Every sound, every scent... The world around me falls apart, and all I can hear is the pulsing of someone's blood, and all I feel is that it belongs to me," Stefan continued.

I glanced at him, slightly worried. He never talked about what it was like for him, when he was a Ripper. When the blood consumed him. It sounded terrible. And there goes my annoyance with him. I went to place my hand on his arm, to give it an affectionate rub. But instead on impulse, I covered Lily's hand that was tapping faster and more frantically. Ripper Stefan did that too.