9: May 10th of 1994

~It's been a month. I have chapters waiting to upload. So I'll just ignore how hundreds of people read but I can't get more than 20 some votes..... (yes, this is me salty) but I love y'all anyways and I want y'all to see the drama that this entire book has been since the start and will be till the very end. So here we are someway halfway through ❤️❤️❤️

Chapter Nine

I pulled over behind Matt's pick up truck which was pull a few feet away from Stefan's red Porsche I caught a glimpse of. Yes, I made it! Hopefully I haven't missed anything important.

"You compelled her? Why?" I heard Matt ask while I got out of my car. I glanced back at Maverick now sleeping in the backseat. The windows were down and I would be a few feet away. He's fine, right?

"She's not my family, she's a con artist, and I'm just trying to get rid of her," I heard Stefan say. I locked the doors to my car and walked around to the sidewalk to see everyone. "Get out of here," Stefan told Sarah.

She looked from him towards Matt and I, starting to walk forward. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, crossing my arms as she past Matt. Stefan's green eyes met my questioning ones. He licked his lips and scratched the back of his neck nervously. He knew I caught him. He was being sketchy. And I wasn't Matt. I wasn't falling for this without getting the whole story.

"Aah! What the hell?" Sarah yelled. Is that even her real name? I turned to look at her being held by Enzo now and my eyes widened.

"Hey!" I snapped at him.

"No screaming, love, and don't move," Enzo compelled the girl.

"Enzo, what are you doing?" Matt asked.

Enzo gave me a warning look as I approached him and the con-artist. I stayed still as he pulled her against him, his chest to her back and his hands around her head and neck. He was threatening to break her neck and kill her. The murderous look in his eye told me so. "I want the whole story, the one not obscured by the dulcet tones of a blender," Enzo said, eyes on Stefan now.

"I told you she's a con artist. There is no Sarah Salvatore. That baby died when Damon killed her mom," Stefan said and I raised a brow.

"Then why listen to this one babble on for 20 minutes, why whisk her away to speak privately, hmm? Why wipe her memory, Stefan? She knows something," Enzo said.

"Hey, come on," I told him. "Don't do this."

"Yeah. Just let her go," Stefan said.

Enzo looked at me, nodding in Stefan's direction. I sighed. Stefan wasn't helping. He needed to be quiet so I could reason with my friend. "See? He's digging in. I can always spot a liar. How about a countdown? That's fair for everyone, right? 5 seconds. 4...3..."

"Enzo, let her go, or I swear—" Matt was saying.

"You'll what?" Enzo scoffed, interrupting him.

"I will kill you."

"Matt—" I growled.

"Will you? Because Stefan's 5 seconds are up," Enzo said and I flashed over a second too late. A harsh snap filled the air and all I could do was catch her falling dead body.

"No!" Matt cried. I hurriedly looked over to see Stefan thankfully grabbed him before he tried to attack Enzo.

"Don't be stupid. Don't be stupid," Stefan told him quietly, still restraining him.

"Just think. All of this could have been avoided if you'd have just told the truth. No matter. I'll find out sooner or later," Enzo said. Then he glanced at me and I gave him the dirtiest glare I could muster. Then he vanished quickly. I sighed, standing up slowly while laying the girl down on the ground.