2: Dinner In Atlanta

Chapter Two

"It's been four months, it's time for me to let go," Elena said. Then she looked up from the box she was packing to see Jer, Matt who was holding his son, and I all watching her.

"You gonna erase Bonnie from your head too?" Jer asked her, clearly angry. Yes, our sister wanted Alaric to compel her. Make her forget everything good about Damon. So she didn't have feelings for them. Love or whatever it may be. She said it kept her up at night and drove her mad when she thought about the what ifs. What her future could've been like if they had finally gave it a real chance being together. She wanted to let go. Focus on school and being a mom. And I think part of her wanted to run away, to take Matt back, pretend everything was fine. But it wasn't. We all knew it wasn't. She and Matt broke up because she had feelings for Damon.

Wow. I'm one to talk, huh? Stefan and I broke up for the same reason. And we got back together. But we had history. Well I guess so did Elena and Matt. Ugh. Still. I didn't erase Damon. I chose Stefan with my own free will.

"Missing Bonnie, makes me sad, Jer. Missing Damon makes me insane and that turns into eating my feelings. Feeding off of people because I can't control my emotions... Missing Damon makes me dangerous," my twin said and I sighed. She definitely needed to stop eating people. "Alaric will compel away any memories and then make me forget that I had him do it. I need you to keep the truth from me too. Tyler and Kenzie are on board.

"You are?" Jeremy asked me.

"I think it's a stupid idea, but I can't stop her. So fine. I'll pretend for her sake. She'll regret all this when Damon comes back anyways," I shrugged.

"If he comes back," Elena retorted.

I went snap at her that he most definitely would because I wouldn't give up until Stefan was alive and with me, but Matt spoke up. "What about Caroline?" The blonde asked her.

"Somehow I doubt she'll take much convincing," Elena smiled in amusement.

"Yeah, yeah. I have to go. I'm meeting Enzo. You want to forget Damon. I want to bring my fiancé back. So, I'll be following a lead today. Bye, guys," I said, wrapping Jer in a tight hug.

"Be safe," he told me, lifting me off the ground for a moment. I squealed and giggled, waiting to be out back on solid ground.

"Bye," Elena said distractedly, tossing in a another picture frame into her box. Another picture of her and Damon I assumed.

"Bye, cutie," I cooed, leaning down to squeeze Maverick's chubby cheeks. My little nephew was already one as of last month. He was getting so big and looking more and more like his dad. "Later, Matty," I said, hugging him the best I could with the baby between us. Matt kisses my cheek and I kissed his then I headed out of Elena's apartment.

***

"I don't know anything," a woman nearly panted. Hmm. Secretary said the guy I described has went through this room.

"You witches are also monstrously secretive. Lucky for me I'm quite gifted at unraveling the truth," this rugged British voice filled my ears.

I rolled my eyes, smirking to myself as I followed both voices to a door at the end of the room. A lot of wet, kissing sounds came. Ew! No! "Okay, there's a coven in Oregon. They'd found a way to communicate with their ancestors before it went away. Maybe they know what happened to your friends. They call themselves the Gemini Coven. They're small and weird and they don't like outsiders," the woman said and I froze in place.

"See? You did know something," Enzo said.

"I just wanted you to work for it," was her reply as I pulled open the door to reveal the two in a coat closet it appeared.