16: Warehouse Rave

Chapter Sixteen

I walked into the Grill looking for any of my friends to give me a ride home. I sighed in relief, spotting Tyler at the bar. I walked over, taking the seat next to him. "Thank God you're here. I need a ride back to the dorms. Now I don't have to call anyone," I said.

"You want to go now or... get a drink?"

"Depends, are you already drunk?"

"I've been drinking soda," he said. "Waiting on some food now."

"I could eat," I smiled weakly.

"You okay?"

"No," I admitted. "Caroline turned off her humanity and I have no idea where she is because she snapped my neck. Stefan found me in her house. And I'm sure it's because he was there to confess his feelings dor her. He says he was only there to check in on her, which I think is bullshit. Then he said he and I could talk about his decision later... I'm so over him."

"No, you're not," he snorted.

"Yes I am," I stated. "Look at my hair. I cut it off. I have a post break up hair cut."

"Which you got before he picked between you and Caroline officially."

"It doesn't matter," I said. "I shouldn't have to wait around for him to pick between me and another girl. Fuck that. He can have her. I deserve better than all this bullshit he's put me through anyways."

"That's true," he replied. I then held up my hand, making eye contact with the bartender.

"Can I get a vodka redbull?" I ordered. The man nodded and went to make my drink. Then I turned towards Tyler. "Earlier you asked if something was going on between us... I was going to say yes."

"What?" He asked.

"We've had some... intimate moments. And, I didn't want to accept that, that's what they were because you were with Liv, I was waiting for Stefan, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"And now?"

"I don't know," I said. "I didn't want to even consider another guy just in case Stefan and I worked it out. I didn't want things to be complicated. But they are anyways. He and I aren't back together, you're probably just on the rebound, but... but I'm really fucking glad that you were here and you're the person I ran into." 

"Yeah?" He questioned, his lips starting to turn up.

I nodded, "yeah." Then my cheeks were on fire. I was blushing all of a sudden. And he was staring at me with a cute grin. His eyes searching my face. I'm not even sure what I just admitted to him but it made me really nervous.

"I don't know if I'm on the rebound, but I do know... You look amazing in this dress. And I love the new hair cut... And right now isn't the first time I've wanted to kiss you."

Oh. My. God.

"Here you go, ma'am," the bartender said, sliding a drink in front of me. I looked away from Tyler and took the glass, quickly grabbing hold of the straw and taking a long sip. Oh, I was freaking out.

I wiped my palms against my dress, my hands get really sweaty. My face was still hot and now I was bouncing my leg out of anxiety. What the hell was happening to me?

"Do I make you nervous?" Tyler chuckled, then he placed his hand on my thigh. I gulped. He wasn't trying anything though. He simply slid his hand down my leg to grab hold of my hand, playing with the edge of my skirt.

"I've kind of never been with anyone besides Stefan... and well, Damon."

He nodded, "does that mean you're thinking about me like that then?"