13: Bonnie's Birthday

Chapter Thirteen

"Mmmm, don't stop," I moaned. Stefan continued to kiss, nip, and suck at my neck. We were making out now. And I didn't want to stop. He could take me right here in this hallway.

"Oh, my god!" Elena exclaimed. My eyes darted open to see her coming down the hall towards us. We had moved away from Liz's hospital room. Toward the opposite hall that was a dead end with seating, where I sat days prior the first time Liz was admitted into the hospital.

"Shit," Stefan cursed, removing his hand from up my shirt. I pouted at the loss of attention on my breasts. I pushed on his shoulders, to signal for him to put me down. He stepped back from the wall and I jumped off of him.

"Are you two serious?" Elena giggled. "This is so not an appropriate time to make up. But who am I to judge? I was just coming to say goodbye."

"Um, yeah. I should get out of here too," I said, while a blush rose up my neck. Too hot.

"Definitely. We've been here all day. I'm so damn exhausted," Elena said. Then she hugged me. "I'll talk to you later. Text me when you get to your dorm?"

"Okay," I agreed.

"Bye, Stefan," she added, waving as she went back down the hall to leave us alone again.

I turned to Stefan nervously. He licked his lips then took two steps closer to me so there was only a foot between us. "How about you come back to my place?" He suggested.

"And why would I do that?" I asked innocently. He smirked, cupping my face in his hands.

"Because you want to finish what we started as much as I do," he said, leaning down and giving me a quick kiss, biting my bottom lip. "Hmmm?"

"Um... ugh, fine. Okay," I agreed.

He smiled, pecking my lips. "Why don't you go say goodbye? I'm going to grab a coffee and check on Caroline and Liz right after you. And I'll meet you at home?"

"You got an hour," I warned. "Then I'm going to sleep. And you'll have to take a cold shower."

"Oh, we're finishing," he smirked, wrapping an arm around me while his hand squeezed my ass. "I love you, Kenz."

"I love you too," I whispered, kissing his jaw before his lips. "Alright, let me go."

***

"Caroline's mom almost died... I was feeling... vulnerable. He stepped out after me and I kissed him. He's my hus—my uh, Stefan... um, I love him. I just... I would never forgive myself if something terrible happened to one of us and the last thing I said to him was all that mean stuff about it being his fault Liz was worse off. Everyday isn't guaranteed even for vampires. So..." I trailed off. I was on the phone with Elena who had texted me first to ask 'what the hell? Yes, Stenzie! 😍🥵' So here we were discussing it. "Look I kissed him! I'm allowed to do that!"

Elena laughed then, "I'm not judging you. Are you trying to convince me or yourself that it was okay?"

"I don't know," I grumbled. "I just got home like ten minute ago and I'm filled with nerves. I think we're going to have sex. He told me to come over to finish what we started and now I'm freaking out."

"Why?" She snorted. "Don't you want to have sex?"

"Yes, but..." I trailed off. "He left me again this morning and I told him he had till the end of this week to pick between Caroline and I. But now I'm kissing him and going to have sex with him?"

"Maybe he picked you. He was always picking you. I think you guys are in a rough patch, but you're going to get through it. You both clearly still love each other," she said and I frowned.