4: Stefan's System

Chapter Four

"Hello? Any sign of our runaway girl?" Stefan's voice came through the line as he finally answered on the fifth ring. Elena was calling him, not me.

"No, Caroline, Kenzie and I combed the border of Mystic Falls three times already. No sign of Sarah," my twin informed. I swatted a branch away from my face. We were in the woods, leaving them. We did our search. Now I wanted lunch.

"She's not on any of the roads, which means she's probably in Mystic Falls."

"This is bad, Stefan. Her compulsion went away as soon as she crossed the border. She knows that Kenzie, Caroline and I are vampires."

"Listen, I gotta go. I'll, uh, talk to you later," Stefan responded nonchalantly. Elena gasped as he hung up but I ditched her side when I saw him on his motorcycle up the street.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, snatching his keys in a flash while hiding them by crossing my arms.

Stefan smiled at me, chuckling softly. He was so damn cute. "Uh, I'm going home," he told me.

Elena then flashed to my side, "Georgia is not your home, Stefan. It's an escape, a hiding place. This is your home." Then she pointed to the Welcome to Mystic Falls Sign.

"No, it was my home. But, I can no longer enter its borders, which I've explained multiple times to your sister. Therefore I have a new home, one I'd like to share with her," Stefan told Elena all while his eyes bored into mine. "You look good, Kenz." Then he gave me a slow once over.

I smirked a little. I did look good. I was wearing a white tank top, tucked in high waisted black shorts that had little white daisies all over, a pair of short black combat boots, and a long-ish tan jacket that belonged to Elena because she forces me to wear one saying it was chilly out today and I would be suspicious if we weren't cold. Cue eye roll. Anyways. My legs were on view and my push up bra was doing me wonders today.

Elena cleared our throat, forcing Stefan to stop eye raping me. "So, you're just going to throw in the towel and go back to your fake new life?" Elena asked him.

"Look, my fake new life ended when Enzo decided to kill a not so fake Ivy. So, I am going to go home, finish Damon's car, pack up and then I'll be here to convince Kenzie to start over with me," Stefan said and I rolled my eyes.

"Start over? By pretending like your life here never existed?" I asked him. "Where we met. Where my family resides? I can't just forget everyone."

"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget the past, Kenzie. But no one said you had to forget your friends and family. We can visit them—"

"I'm not buying it. You lost your brother. There's no way that you're just fine and ready to start over in a new city with my sister who you're on the rocks with," Elena said.

Stefan sighs, reaching down to start his motorcycle he was sitting on. I smirked, holding up the keys. He rolled his eyes playfully, reaching out to grab them. But he surprised me by catching my wrist and tugging me around so I stood to the side of his motorcycle. "You both don't have to worry. It's not like I haven't done this before, I have a system. Let me prove to you that it works. That we can be happy with normal lives," he said, holding me by my hip and rubbing soft circles with his thumb.

"Fine," I agreed. "But if I don't buy it, which I probably won't, I will keep harrassing you until you come home. And, I'm talking about, like, Enzo-sized harassment!" I joked.

"Deal," he said.

"Have fun," Elena grinned. Stefan handed me a helmet while I handed over the keys. I climbed on behind him, tugging the helmet over my head. My heart was racing now. I moved closer to him, getting ready to ride. My thighs rested around his and my arms hugged his waist. My whole body pressed against his hard, tones back. I resisted from resting my head on his body. "You guys look so cute and cozy," Elena smirked at me.