7: Friendsgiving

Chapter Seven

"I'm a vampire," Elena stated. I snorted. She was practicing on how to tell Liam the truth. All because he stuck his nose where it didn't belong and found out the girl Elena saved, didn't just survive that night but a previous injury spontaneously healed. My twin was shook by his accusations of her being a liar with secrets, and by Liam's determination to either get answers from her—that she's a vampire—or he'll figure it out on his own he had said. I highly doubt that was possible. But okay. So here we are taken the dumbest route possible and telling him the truth. As if her relationship with him will last longer than the rest of this year. Pfft.

"I don't know. Maybe a little less emphasis on vampire," Caroline said.

Elena sighed in frustration before trying out the words again, "I'm... a vampire."

"I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it," I pointed out while putting the tablecloth over Elena's dining room table. It was Thanksgiving. She was hosting cause she had a real place to live.

"Well, maybe Liam will stop digging into Lady Whitmore's miraculous recovery, and you won't have to come clean," Caroline grinned with optimism. I scoffed in disagreement. I doubted he would just give up. He was annoyingly persistent. Hmm, kind of like Caroline. Elena should've tried harder to hook them up. Maybe then the blonde would stop pouting over the love of MY life.

"Or he'll keep digging, realize that I force-fed her my vampire blood, and then just bail," Elena pouted.

"Okay, just stop. You know all of this can go away with one little mind wipe," I told her.

"So lie and lie? Again, and again, and again—" my twin droned on.

"Okay! If you want to tell him the truth, I support you 100%, but if you're rushing into this to escape some conflicted feelings over a certain ex who just came back into your life, then I suggest you keep your fangs to yourself," Caroline said.

A knock to the door came and Elena went to answer it. "Jo," she greeted the woman in the doorway holding a covered pan of food.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Where's Alaric?"

"Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend," she informed us, coming into the apartment now.

"Excuse me?" Caroline frowned.

"Ric, Damon, and Stefan won't make it," Jo said, wincing as she faced Caroline who had her hands on her hips.

"Well, Stefan wasn't invited," Caroline mumbled and I furrowed my brows. "But Damon and—"

"Why the hell not?" I questioned. "Why didn't you invite Stefan?" I haven't seen or heard from him in days. I wanted to see him today. I was hoping the holiday would put us both in good spirit. Pull us together. Maybe being in a happy environment would bring out my sweet lover. Maybe then we could make up. Because I was miserable without him. Sleeping alone hasn't gotten easier knowing he's alive. Sleeping without him has always been hell if not impossible. Not to mention I was also sex-deprived. And I was growing lonely.

"Because he and I got into a little fight. And I told him... I hated him and we couldn't be friends anymore," Caroline told me.

"What? Why? What happened?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "Enzo told him I had a thing for him. I asked Stefan to never to bring it. Then once we saved my mom, we took her to the hospital to get checked out, and he asked me why I liked him? I snapped and answered him. Then I said I hated him for ruining our friendship because if I didn't hate him for it then I had to hate myself for ruining it..."