Chapter (5): The Family Dinner

Wren stirred a little in her sleep when she felt soft, warm lips brushing her face, her cheeks then her lips. She smiled lazily when those familiar lips went to her neck.

"Did I disturb your peaceful sleep?" A sweet voice asked her softly in the ear.

"No. In fact, that feels like I'm still dreaming... and I was awake but too lazy to get up."

Madeline's chuckle made Wren finally open her eyes and look at the joyful spirit beside her. Madeline leaned on her elbows beside Wren and moved one hand to Wren's face, using her fingertips to trace the outline of her lips.

"What did you dream about?"

"... About me and you... and we were doing our thing and it involved a lot of things that I prefer to show you." She smirked at Madeline who understood what the dream was about and she moved from her spot to be on top of Wren, straddling her.

"Did it involve this?"

She smirked down at her, taking her lips and claiming them for a moment and instantly Wren's eyelids dropped down slowly, feeling the softest pair of lips moving slowly against her own.

Madeline pulled away slowly and Wren tried to get up and capture her lips again but Madeline placed a hand on her shoulder pushing her back gently.

"Come back." said Wren whining with a smile, wrapping her arms around her waist.

"No," She chuckled. "I have to get to work and so are you."

"No." She wined, sitting up and burying her face in Madeline's neck. "The dream isn't finished yet. There are still a lot of things that need to be applied in real life."

Madeline shook her head, smiling hard and biting her lower lip. "Still no."

"Please, just one more thing. Please."

"No because if I did, we will both end up spending our entire day in the bed."

Wren sighed dramatically and laid back down, closing her eyes and felt cold when Madeline's body left hers and got out of the bed to get dressed. "You always do this. You turn me on and then leave me the whole day hanging, waiting desperately for you."

Madeline turned her head at her, laughing at Wren's desperate face. She wore back her clothes and ran a hand through her hair. She sat on the side of the bed and grabbed Wren's chin. "I'll make it up to you. I promise."

Wren's smile came back. "You better."

She gave her a soft kiss and then furrowed her eyebrows when she remembered something. "Hey, by the way... Eleanor told me about Emily being your assistant, is that true?"

"Well, yeah. At the time when we weren't together... I... I couldn't find someone to replace you. It was hard because I didn't get over you at that time and no one deserved to be in your place, so Emily understood me and offered to be my assistant till I find someone else."

Madeline smiled genuinely at her. They both didn't get over each other and Madeline completely understood why it was hard for Wren to replace her and the same for Madeline, whenever she turned everyone down it was because her heart was still somehow attached to Wren.

"Poor, Emily." said Madeline chuckling.

"Poor Emily? Poor me! I have to find someone else or she would kick my ass and you should feel sorry for me because I don't get to see you around anymore on that desk."

"Wren," she said calmly with a bright smile. "I'll always be with you because I love you."

"Come here" She grabbed her hand and Madeline pulled Wren for a brief kiss then Wren pulled away just a little to meet her eyes and say those words back.