Chapter (20): Stained

"Stop." said Madeline softly with her eyes closed, slapping Wren's hand. "Stop." She giggled when Wren trailed butterfly kisses down her neck and her hand went underneath her tank top, going up slowly. "Wren, stop."

"Do you want me?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you resisting me?

"I meant I want you to stop!" She laughed heartily and turned around facing her. "We just woke up and you want to feel me up?"

"I, uh, wouldn't put it in that way. I prefer to say pampering my girlfriend whom I love very much and can't stop kissing her whenever she stays in my bed."

"That's sweet, but I have to go now and so do you... in about an hour or so."

"You won't have breakfast with me?"

"Umm, no. I'm sorry, babe." She gave her a peck. "Maybe some other day."

"Okay..." she said, defeated closing her eyes and felt Madeline's lips linger on her cheek as the other hand held her face firmly.

"I love you. Please don't be mad at me."

Wren opened her eyes and turned to Madeline with a wide smile. "I would never be mad at you and I completely understand why you have to run. Don't worry about it." she said sincerely, earning a smile and a soft peck on the lips.

Madeline got up to get dressed and Wren stayed in the bed for a while, rubbing her eyes from sleepiness then glanced at the clock beside her and started getting ready for her day.

She wore white dress shirt, black dress jacket and pants with her black classic shoes and took her car keys and spotted Madeline headed to her car. Wren went up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek and wished her a good day.

An hour later she arrived and went up to the fifth floor, seeing both Georgina and Emily working calmly, no cat fights, no hair pulling, no anything suspicious. Wren raised her eyebrow at them before stepping out of the elevator.

"Morning." she said.

"Morning." they both replied back and went back to their work.

"Georgina..." Georgina looked up at her boss "My office and bring your notebook."

She nodded and took her notebook with her. Emily raised her eyes from the laptop and noticed Wren and Georgina were exchanging smiles. Wren locked eyes with Emily then closed the door behind her, leading her to suspect something.

"What the..."

Inside the office, Wren took off her jacket and rolled up her sleeves as Georgina started giving her updates and told her about the appointments she had today and till the end of the week except for Thursday.

"I called Mr. Rivera and you have a meeting with him today at 12 and tomorrow you have two meetings, one with the board and the other with Mrs. Caulfield."

"Ugh, the board meeting right. How could I forget about that?" She rubbed her forehead with a sigh. "When?"

"Mrs. Caulfield will be tomorrow at 12 as today and the board meeting will be at 2."

"Okay, okay. Let's just focus on today's meeting with Mr. Rivera. You said it was 12 then I want the meeting room ready in exactly one hour, alright?"

"Yes. Right away."

"Then go now." she said professionally, taking a seat on her desk.

.................................................

Madeline and Sarah had a meeting with a magazine editor for the weekly news and both were heading to their offices after it lasted for 3 hours straight. Madeline and Antony sat together at the desk and were having hot coffee.