Chapter (7): Dark Shades

The following morning, Wren began to wake up slowly with her arms enveloping Madeline beside her. She raised her head and kissed Madeline's cheek lightly then took back her hands from under her body without waking up Madeline. She grabbed her clothes from the floor and wore her pants and her shirt but then she heard Madeline mumble in her sleep as she stirred, turning her body to Wren's direction with the blanket covering her body.

"Where are you going?" she asked sleepily and Wren smiled, moving closer to the bed.

"I'm going out."

"No, stay." She wined, pulling her down. Wren chuckled and caressed Madeline's hair then kissed her temple.

"I have to go. There is something I need to do today."

"What's more important than doing me?"

Wren laughed lightly and Madeline smiled widely. "Nothing. There is nothing more important than you." She gave her a peck on the cheek. "It's just some work that I need to finish the half of it before tomorrow."

"Do you really have to go?" She wrapped her arms around her.

"... I wish if I could say no."

"Ugh!" She groaned in defeat and pulled the blanket up to her face.

Wren shook her head with a smile across the face, pulling the covers down to see Madeline's face and so that their lips could meet.

"I'll call you, okay? You come over to my house whenever you finish. I'll be waiting for you."

"Okay." She nodded, smiling and Wren grabbed her face and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before pecking her lips a few times in a row as a goodbye.

..............................................

Madeline got dressed in comfy clothes, black sweat pants, and light blue sleeved shirt. She was waiting for Eva to spend the day together and discuss the wedding plans. Twenty-five minutes later, Eva arrived and they sat on the bed, leaning their heads against the headboard as they talked.

"When are we gonna go to the bridal boutique?" asked Madeline.

"Maybe, tomorrow. I don't know. The wedding is in two weeks and I'm not even panicking or making a great deal about it."

"Yeah, I thought you had a fever or something because the Eva I know would go to the bridal boutique and try literally every dress there."

Eva chuckled. "I'm just enjoying every minute right now."

"Do you want a bachelorette party?"

"Umm, no."

Madeline raised her eyebrow at her while Eva rolled her eyes. "You sure you are Eva? My Eva? My loud best friend Eva who loved to party?"

Eva laughed softly. "Yes, Madeline. I just don't want a bachelorette party that's all."

"Okay then what do you want? Tell me and I'll comply."

"I want to get married and tomorrow we can pick the dress!"

"On it. Did you send the invitations?"

"Paul will take care of that part. We chose the invitation card and they will be sent to everyone tomorrow." Eva played with her fingers and looked at Madeline. "Madeline?"

"Hmm?"

"Does your family know about you and Wren?"

"... Why do you ask?"

"Because since you and Wren are invited and so is your family. I'm just concerned about them rejecting you or something."

"Well..." She sighed. "I told my dad about me and Wren but that was when we weren't together... he said that he accepted it but I don't really know. My sister was happy about it back then. So to answer your question... no, they don't have a clue that we are back together."