Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame

As the sunlight entered the room from the half opened blinds, it hit Wren's sleeping face, disturbing her. She brought her hand up to her face, blocking the rays as she blinked her eyes repeatedly then rubbed them while sitting up slowly on the bed.

Her vision cleaned and she felt a soft blow of air hit her skin, she looked at herself, finding that her shirt was wide opened which made her feel suspicious. Her eyes wandered in the room when she realized that wasn't her room, so she looked around till she noticed a noirette hair covering a girl's smooth back.

Wren got panicked in her place as her eyes grew wide and her heart started pounding in her chest as if she was about to die. It was Georgina's naked body beside her, she was sleeping on her stomach. The blanket was covering her lower body and Wren could see her back and the tattoo she got on her lower back.

Wren got up from the bed quickly, buttoning up her shirt and headed outside the room without looking back at Georgina's sleeping form.

She walked to her room with an aching head from her hangover and she tried to recall last night's events but she couldn't. Once she reached the room, she locked the door behind her, swallowing hard as disturbing thoughts roamed her mind. She asked herself if she slept with Georgina or not, but she couldn't answer herself then she remembered Madeline, she was going to reunite with her today.

Wren glanced at her watch, sighing shakily, walking to the bedroom to pack her bag. She knew it will be a long day ahead of her.

..............................................

At the airport, Wren was leaning her back against the cab as the pilot was taking Georgina's luggage and hers. Wren wanted to talk with Georgina about what happened but she was terrified of the answer. None of them uttered a single word about what happened last night. Being afraid of the answer, is what made Wren hesitant.

During the flight, Wren was staying silent most of the time and avoiding Georgina's eyes not because she was afraid of Georgina's answer if she asked her the question but because Eleanor was joining them.

Eleanor opened up topics about the new deal and the business and Wren was answering professionally like a robot and when Eleanor sensed something was off with her, Wren answered her that she was just tired and couldn't sleep well.

As for Georgina, she knew very well that Wren was avoiding her and wasn't being herself, and she knew what Wren was thinking about because she was thinking the same but the only difference is that Georgina wished it could happen but she got turned off the moment her victim mumbled her lover's name.

Madeline decided to stay lazy in the house and do nothing but call her mom and check up on her. To keep her mind busy with something else, she decided to sit in the living room and do some work.

After half an hour, she started rubbing her eyes and her ears caught a sound of keys jangling outside the door, so she thought it was Eva, coming to visit her, but when she heard the door being opened, she stood up, leaving the couch and walking to the door. Her lips curled into a huge smile across her face when she saw Wren closing the door and turning around with her body.

Madeline ran to Wren, grinning from ear to ear and pounced on her and gladly Wren took her in her arms laughing with Madeline.

"You're here! Oh my God, you're actually here!" said Madeline. "Am I dreaming?"

Wren pulled back and looked her in the eyes, with a soft smile. "No, you aren't." She pecked her lips softly.

"What is this?" asked Madeline playfully as she placed her foot on the ground.

"What is what?"

"You call this a kiss?"

"No, it's called a peck, corky."

Madeline gasped at Wren mentioning her nickname and slapped Wren's shoulder.

"You know what? Go back to New York."

Wren chuckled and grabbed Madeline from her waist, smiling near her lips. Madeline stared at Wren's inviting lips as she licked her own, gazing at those lips before closing the distance between them. Wren welcomed those warm lips passionately, bringing Madeline closer to her, tugging a hand in her hair while the other held her firmly from her waist.

"Jesus, Wren, I missed you."

"I missed you too." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and went down holding her chin. "I missed everything about you."

Madeline smiled and tip toed, giving Wren a kiss on the cheek then interlaced their fingers together as she pulled Wren with her to the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Tell me every single detail about your trip. What was with the prolong? Did you solve the issue? Please tell me you did."

Wren smiled. "We did."

"We?"

"Yeah, me, Eleanor and, uh... Georgina."

Wren spaced out as her mind drifted back to the moment when she woke up in bed next to a naked Georgina then Madeline brought her back to reality when she held her hand.

"I'm really glad you're home, Wren."

Madeline's gaze met Wren's softly, earning a smile from her fiancée before she hugged Wren tightly, rubbing her back mildly.

"... Me too."

........................................................

In the middle of the night, as Wren was holding Madeline in her embrace, her mind was somewhere else, somewhere dark.

She got up from the bed quietly and walked to her study, sat on her desk and grabbed the phone. She scrolled down till her finger landed on Georgina's name.

Wren sighed heavily and clenched her hands from the anger before pressing dial on the phone. She pressed the phone on her ear, hearing one ring then quickly ended the call before Georgina could even hear the phone.

She sank in her seat, looking up at the ceiling and felt her eyes sting from the tears of the guilt.