Chapter (29): Sudden News

Wren went home after her dinner with her father and Eleanor and she half planned her proposal to Madeline but she wasn't really sure of the plan yet because it was corny to her and wanted to do something that will be memorable for Madeline. She inserted the key to her house and entered, found Madeline asleep on the couch with the TV on.

She took the chance and went to the attic to hide the ring box somewhere where Madeline couldn't find and then returned back to Madeline. She kneeled down, caressed her hair away from her face and smiled when she saw the small smile drawn across Madeline's sleepy face. Madeline mumbled something in her sleep, leading Wren to chuckle softly at her. She was dreaming, that's what Wren thought was happening.

Wren grabbed the remote, turned off the TV then gently carried Madeline in her arms, bridal style, pulling her off the couch as she went with her to the bedroom.

She laid her gently on the bed and pulled the blanket over her then took off her clothes, wore her sweatpants and joined her. Wrapping her arms around her protectively, Madeline's body automatically reacted by scooting closer to her find warmth.

The next morning Madeline woke up slowly, blinking her eyes and rubbing them as she sat up on the bed and she found the spot beside her empty and figured that Wren carried her to bed last night. She hasn't seen Wren since yesterday morning and she was already missing her and regrets falling asleep on the couch last night while waiting for her. Madeline looked at the pillow beside her and found a note from Wren.

Had to go to work early. Sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you.

P.S I Love you XOXO

She smiled with a sigh then put it aside as she got out of the bed to start her day.

As for Wren she walked to her office saying her good mornings as usual with a bright smile and Emily noticed her good mood when she arrived. Georgina also noticed the illuminating smile on Wren's face before she got inside her office and when she turned her eyes to Emily, Emily was still staring at Wren's door with knitted brows.

Georgina's phone rang startling her a little in her place and she answered. Wren asked for a cup of black coffee and she stood up, heading to the elevator while Emily walked to Wren's office, feeling intrigued and curious about the smug face in the early morning.

"Come in." said Wren as Emily entered with a huge smile across her face.

"Hey, boss. How you doing?"

"Uh, fine." She opened her laptop, taking a seat. "Since when you ask about how I'm doing?"

"Since you came this morning with a huge smile all over your face. What's behind it, huh? I wanna know."

"Nosy much, Em. It's still early for those kind of questions, don't you think?"

"Did you get laid last night? Is that why you are so hyped up?" She winked and Wren chuckled shaking her head.

"No, Em. That's not why I'm so smiley."

"Then what is it?"

Wren sighed, feeling that Emily won't shut her mouth till she gets what she wants. "You remind me of Eva sometimes." She muttered under her breath and Emily didn't hear her. "Anyway, uh, look, why don't you wait till it's 2:00 and then the three of us will go to the café down the street and have a cup of coffee as friends? Just you, me and Monique and I'll tell you why I'm happy, deal?"

"Yeah, okay, sure. I also have good news that I want to share with you too and Monique."

"Then it's settled. Now get back to your desk so that you could finish."